Like Tree74Likes

"improper behaviour" - Time's up!

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

The big question for me is whether this thread is a wind up or the OP is the total idiot he appears to be?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    The big question for me is whether this thread is a wind up or the OP is the total idiot he appears to be?
    I'm going to vote for tone-deaf, slightly older gentleman who has been a white man in Asia for a little too long...
    hullexile, shri, Gatts and 5 others like this.

I think they are trying to tell you that it is not the same saying that someone is pretty/beautiful/gorgeous than saying that is hot....

hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gataloca:
    I think they are trying to tell you that it is not the same saying that someone is pretty/beautiful/gorgeous than saying that is hot....
    Ah. Ok. So it's ok to call someone beautiful but not hot. Got it. So, what does hot mean? Is it not the same as beautiful?

Quote Originally Posted by Markx:
    Ah. Ok. So it's ok to call someone beautiful but not hot. Got it. So, what does hot mean? Is it not the same as beautiful?
    No it's not. Translates roughly as "you are really sexy and I want to shag you"
    gataloca and Proplus like this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    No it's not. Translates roughly as "you are really sexy and I want to shag you"
    Really?? I had no idea. And hottie is the same?

Maybe I shouldn't have called my employee hottie?

Yeah, the thing is Germans use English words differently.
    The same applies to "baby" , which refers to infants in US,
    and probably other parts of the world.

However, it surprises me that you don't know this stuff, as you have been away from your country for a long time..

20 + years in Asia. The situation in Asia is very different among countries.

In Thailand there is a lot of flirting, it's perfectly fine and fun.

In China there is very little flirting. It's all about money there. Same for Singapore. Plus, Singapore has the excessive boredom.

My point is that it's not always the same, and open to interpretation whether something is "improper behaviour". Some of these girls who complain might simply be stuck somewhere.

What is "improper behaviour" in one place might be perfectly fine in another place. And of course whether a girl considers something a compliment or "totally unacceptable" depends very much on the age and looks of the guy.

I am surprised by the lack of details, when a woman say this guy acted improperly. So, what did he do? We are never told. Maybe he didn't do anything. Like that girl I asked if she wanted a drink and she thought I had asked if she wants to shag. I didn't. I asked if she wants a drink. Jesus!

So my point is that many of these women who say that one guy or another is acting improperly is just misunderstanding what they say.
    Women are in the lucky position that they can just make a claim. They have in no way to explain it. See, slept with Weinstein in the hope to get that role, but didn't - sexual harassment! Refused whatever, didn't get that role, - sexual harassment! Bingo, so easy!
    Markx and mrgoodkat like this.

No I would say hottie is worse. To me it implies you are looking down on them rather like you might say an adult is cute but a small girl is a cutie.
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast