Like Tree16Likes

Armed Forces cannot represent society

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Armed Forces cannot represent society

UK are bowing to the PC brigade with their latest, proposed, recruitment ads. This letter was sent to newspaper in response. As an ex-serviceman I agree with the letter 100%.Name:  Armed Forces can never represent society.jpg
Views: 620
Size:  77.9 KB

Original Post Deleted
    I wouldn't be so sure Britney, who knows what's in store via the 11 gender generation.

Original Post Deleted
    You'll never know. Maybe some of those healthy fat people is gonna sue the government because they can't join the special forces.

Isn't the British Army just having to try harder as recruitment levels collapse.

Why would an ambitious young thing want to join a business that has shed 20% of its employees in the last few years.

It doesn't look like a business that offers long term prospects. Perhaps if the downsizing stops then recruitment will become easier?

Will the British Army be allowed to to recruit non-Brits when it leaves the EU?

Will the British Army be allowed to to recruit non-Brits when it leaves the EU?

Random question - Do they they still recruit Gurkhas?

The letter quoted mentioned not accepted "the uneducated," which made me curious.

I had a quick look at the Royal Marines site- no mention made of educational requirements. If fact, there's a graphic of an academic cap with "Zero qualifications needed" underneath it.

shri and TheBrit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes

https://www.army.mod.uk/who-we-are/c...gurkha-rifles/

But I seem to recall Aussies, Kiwis and Canuks can no longer work for the British Army.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Yes but a very low quantity, around 100 or so per year

This letter is somewhat disingenuous because the current reality is that the military needs all kinds of people not just trained killing machine nor is it used mainly to wage war. Various positions require different skills and anyone should be allowed to serve if they are able to meet the requirements necessary for the job. I think it's a problem if organizations change the standards in order to be more inclusive because then it means that the jobs will not be done as well and it's guaranteed to breed resentment. Women for example shouldn't be prohibited to join special forces or unit as long as they are meeting the same standards as the men and they don't get special allowances.

As an ex-serviceman (2nd Gurkha Rifles - Now disbanded and part of the Royal Gurkha Rifles) I agree 100% with Flat Hunter and 100% with the letter he posted.

Flat Hunter likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast