Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Shiojiri Hiro
  • 1 Post By methosb

2018 Winter Olympics

Closed Thread

2018 Winter Olympics

Hi all - couldn't see a thread on this, so wanted to get it started.

First question - does anyone know what the viewing options are in HK? Assume that with only 1 representative, local coverage might be sparse in HK (though maybe some coverage to show support to the ML).

Otherwise - who do we think will top the tables (by gold medals, and separately by quantity) this time?

Cheers!

huja likes this.

If you are an American citizen or have a US address you can use USTVNOW.com and watch all of NBCs coverage along with their sister stations. Even with an hour time difference for this Olympics the DVR service is great for recording multiple events. Unfortunately, no Matt Lauer

with no Russia... its there for Canada to win the medals table!

GDR! GDR!

Oh wait, that's my nostalgia cheering. 1984, yeah baby!

Go Canada!

Generally I will have a dns forward and use the CBC Canada website during Olympics as they live stream every event without any kind of ID or subscription checking. Have used BBC iPlayer previously as well.

Methosb, can you break it down for me how to do this?

Quote Originally Posted by methosb:
    Generally I will have a dns forward and use the CBC Canada website during Olympics as they live stream every event without any kind of ID or subscription checking. Have used BBC iPlayer previously as well.

Quote Originally Posted by BCD:
    Methosb, can you break it down for me how to do this?
    Just look up unblock.us or getflix or other DNS forward services. You pay some small fee, set your region preferences on the DNS forward website (to make overseas websites think you are in North America or UK), then change your DNS settings on your computer to the closest ones provided.
    BCD likes this.

Was not even sure about Canada hitting the top three, but they made it

Congrats