Like Tree91Likes

China bans hip-hop & tattoos from media

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

didn't smoking get banned indoors?
    didn't guns get banned in some countries?
    didn't weed get banned in some countries?
    after a while, people realize some things aren't good for you.
    you just gotta make a decision.
    with the degeneracy in current hip-hop, i'm cool with the decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumbler
    hip-hop is not the problem. it's the current lyrics and image that's the problem. that said, i am okay with the ban. if you got nothing good to say, don't say it.
    Hip-hop or tattoos are not anyone's problem. Do they harm anyone? Don't like them? Ignore them.

The problem is people (and regimes ruled by such people with absolute power) willing and eager to ban things at will.

In a more general sense it's interesting how the open platform of social media (which this forum is also part of) allows, perhaps even encourages, semi-anonymous people to air their disapproval and anger about issues and personal choices of other people that really shouldn't be any of their concern.

NB. China doesn't actually ban anything, the CCP does. Chinese people in general are as tolerant as any other people, maybe even more so.
    Gatts, East_coast, TheBrit and 3 others like this.

Guns are not anyone's problem. Do they harm anyone? Don't like them? Ignore them.

The problem is people (and regimes ruled by such people with democracy) ... What do you end up with?

if you don't think hip-hop lyrics have negative impact on children, then please let your child listen to hip-hop from now and report back.

been a hip-hop fan since the 90s. would not let my kid listen to it at least for now. but hard to hide from it you know. being all over the radio and TV etc.

Last edited by Grumbler; 31-01-2018 at 05:46 PM.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

Guns are not anyone's problem. Do they harm anyone? Don't like them? Ignore them.
    I kind of get your point but you can't kill anyone with a tattoo (disclaimer - I realise you may find one or two very rare cases where people have died while being tattooed or not cleaned them properly afterwards but that would just be being pedantic)
    shri likes this.

The problem is people (and regimes ruled by such people with democracy) ... What do you end up with?

if you don't think hip-hop lyrics have negative impact on children, then please let your child listen to hip-hop from now and report back.

been a hip-hop fan since the 90s. would not let my kid listen to it at least for now. but hard to hide from it you know. being all over the radio and TV etc.

What the CCP is banning (and some people here are vocally agreeing with) is more about banning forms of self-expression.

Guns can be a tool for harming people and should therefore be controlled and in fact banned from places where they don't belong. I say this as an owner of a high-end firearm that is only used for target shooting.

There are ways of parenting other than wholesale banning of everything that isn't suitable for children. Think about it, or if that's too hard consider asking for advice, preferably outside your repressive echo chamber.
    Gatts and MerMer like this.

Of all the things that the government has banned in China, I'd say hip hop and tattoos would be very far down on the list of things to worry about... I don't think people are worse off without those things even if they are relatively harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by Mefisto

What the CCP is banning (and some people here are vocally agreeing with) is more about banning forms of self-expression.

Guns can be a tool for harming people and should therefore be controlled and in fact banned from places where they don't belong. I say this as an owner of a high-end firearm that is only used for target shooting.

There are ways of parenting other than wholesale banning of everything that isn't suitable for children. Think about it, or if that's too hard consider asking for advice, preferably outside your repressive echo chamber.
    isn't it ironic that some people here acting like they are freedom fighters, then can't handle people with different opinions. bunch of trump voters.
    East_coast likes this.

Sorry, I disagree. A form of art is banned. That is a terrible thing. Whether one likes it personally or not is totally not the point. So what next?

http://izquotes.com/quotes-pictures/...ler-285246.jpg

Hip Hop for most people terrible music, for a few it is great. Same with Tattoos (Tattoos should be heavily taxed)

It really is just Maoism. Enforced group think. Think the way the party wants or don't think.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Occasionally the do something I agree with! Personally I think hip-hop is revolting.
    Luckily I never hear any.

Only when a non-patriot goes and posts it on Geoexpat- will they admit their wrong doing?

https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread...ml#post3473232

https://geoexpat.com/forum/53/thread...ml#post3454538
    Last edited by East_coast; 31-01-2018 at 06:42 PM.
    Mefisto likes this.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast