Like Tree91Likes

China bans hip-hop & tattoos from media

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Not really. You just posted your liking of a music genre that is now not approved by the CCP. How does that make you feel?
    Well, yeah, it's the 21st century. The CPC can only be commended for putting an end to this form of cultural appropriation.

Had you actually watched the video in the second link, you would've realized that that rapper himself was very critical of mainstream rap for the same reasons that @Grumbler mentioned. Ironically, the two dudes in this thread who have listened to more hip hop than all of you are in fact telling you that it's not a big deal. Interestingly, none of you actually care about hip hop, yet all of a sudden when the CPC is coming out critical of some elements of it, ya all of jump up in your chairs.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 01-02-2018 at 08:55 AM.
    Grumbler likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    This made me smile, Shakespeare wrote 3-5 levels of allegory within his plays. I really didn't enjoy reading his stuff, it was simultaneously boring and mind bending. But I have to admit there's a reason he's called the greatest writer in the English language, and it wasn't because he simply knew how to rhyme.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    To reinforce the point, hip hop and tattoos have not been banned. The ban in the media is bad enough but let's not exaggerate
    Or perhaps - Restricted access to and demonized somehow trying to make the genre of music to be 'un-chinese' and those that like it unpatriotic. Try booking a venue in China if you're a Hip Hop artist

I'm sure the CPC is not against Paris rapping about that shithole that is America.

In actual fact, they've supported the struggles of African Americans on numerous occasions.

https://www.marxists.org/subject/chi...PR1966-33h.htm

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    I'm sure the CPC is not against Paris rapping about that shithole that is America.
    Do you believe Paris would get a visa to perform in China? I doubt that. It clearly is unpatriotic to like this type of music.

Just a note, when Bob Dylan played in China he had to send all songs for approval and some he weren't allowed to play on stage. But I guess that's fine too for the people that like to ban things because they personally don't like it.
    Gladly your type people failed in the early 60's when Elvis and the Beatles came around. You type didn't manage well too in the late 70's then Punk and New Wave surfaced.

Quote Originally Posted by jgl:
    Ah, but is he Shakespearean great?
    Clearly Eminem is greater, Shakespeare's songs never even made it into the charts did they?
    jgl and East_coast like this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    Interestingly, none of you actually care about hip hop, yet all of a sudden when the CPC is coming out critical of some elements of it, ya all of jump up in your chairs.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_they_came_...
    Skyhook, TheBrit, GeoTommy and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Do you believe Paris would get a visa to perform in China? I doubt that. It clearly is unpatriotic to like this type of music.
    Absolutely.

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast