Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree18Likes

duterte-tells-troops-shoot-female-communist-rebels-vagina

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Do you agree with him telling people not to use condoms?
    No I don't but I do agree that condoms aren't the best conctraceptive device. The figure I saw was that 18% of women get pregnant when relying on condoms (4% if used perfectly). The focus is on the uptake of long term contraceptive injections. Given that the church is already telling them condoms are the work of the devil I don't think his words will have that much effect.
    rickyross likes this.

Someone that is more polished should have pointed out the fallibility of condoms and suggested they be combined with another birth control method. Encouraging a health crisis epidemic in order to lower birth rate is not exactly the way to move forward. I don't know how you can even entertain defending such an outrageous statement. It's almost as bad as his rape joke.

I don't see that it is encouraging a health crisis when condom use is very low anyway, though it has I guess increased with his government giving out free condoms. Yes it should have been worded better and condom use not discouraged but of all the issues facing the government at the moment I don't see this as a major one.

By the way did you know after years of being big importers of rice the Philippines became self sufficient in 2017? Record crop due to big improvements made. Food security and feeding everyone is quite important.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Pills or injections he said. They are more effective in terms of reliable contraception - which was the topic under discussion. While STDs are a major problem cutting the birth rate is critical for the country.
    More to the point, the use of any kind of contraceptive until recently was banned. Focussing on effective family planning is a stunning improvement.

This is relevant. These implants, provided free to the poor, are the major push from the government. A recent survey found poor women would like 3 children, the average poor woman has 10 kids. There are by my reckoning 8 million poor women x 7 unwanted kids = 56 million unwanted kids. Many of these will go hungry. This will destroy the country which is why it is one of the government's top priorities.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news...selves-9951310

It could be a tactical call. I imagine their skin would be very tough and leathery after years of hiking in the Asian sun...the rebels I mean. Who did you think I meant?

PMSL. Jaz I know you are only attempting to troll but to be successful at that you need a degree of intelligence and some knowledge of what you are trolling about. Neither of these you have. If you are just going to pluck stories from the fringe media you will just end up looking stupid. There was no "firestorm", he was laughing, the audience of Chinoy businessmen were laughing, the Chinese Ambassador was laughing. In the same speech he gave a very hardline message basically telling the Chinese hands off our territory.

The first face in the audience you see in the video is the Chinese Ambassador.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gUo-6BoOrBc
    Last edited by hullexile; Yesterday at 08:24 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234