Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree19Likes

duterte-tells-troops-shoot-female-communist-rebels-vagina

duterte-tells-troops-shoot-female-communist-rebels-vagina

Pretty sure that was not meant to be literal, given how - literally - difficult it would be!

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Pretty sure that was not meant to be literal, given how - literally - difficult it would be!
    Please enlighten us how that could be taken anything but literal?
    JHCH likes this.

I approve, as long as male communists get the same treatment!

Coming from the man who calls women who don't bring him a glass of water cunts I can understand your outrage at such sexist language.

Alleged comments, the only place I have seen this reported is this website "Coconuts". The private meeting was shown on TV, though there might have been a private part to it for all I know. However the rest of the media did quote parts from the speech and never mentioned this.

The context, the war against the NPA has dramatically intensified. Those who surrender get a nice financial package and about 800 have done so including senior members. This speech was to about 200 of them. The Communist Party have responded by beheading surrenderees, by killing tribal leaders who oppose them and by stating they will kill a soldier a day.

Duterte has labelled the NPA as a terrorist organisation and has said he might ban their fronts. Gabriella is such a front. Gabriella was recently in uproar because their deputy secretary was killed. She was in NPA uniform and carrying an AK47 and a grenade. Gabriella said it was a breach of human rights.
    Golem and jgl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    Seriously dude, do you know nothing about anatomy? You are a soldier facing a woman with a gun trying to kill you... how the hell are you going to shoot her up the vagina? Ask her nicely to lie down and speed her legs first? You are trying not to die ffs.

Duterte has the mouth of a guttersnipe and I think choose words to shock so as to make an impression. Only foreigners take him literally. I find his choice of language disgusting but on the whole prefer to focus on his policies - most of which appear to be much better than the two regimes of his predecessors I have good knowledge of.

Men have penises, women have vaginas.

Still.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    Seriously dude, do you know nothing about anatomy? You are a soldier facing a woman with a gun trying to kill you... how the hell are you going to shoot her up the vagina?
    Seems he don't know much about history nor trigonometry neither

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4GLAKEjU4w

Quote Originally Posted by Gatts
    By now I would have thought people would know to take what he says seriously but not literally.

Do you think he is really going to disembowel ASG fighters and eat their insides alive?

Do you think he has the powers to shut down Boracay?

Everything is said for a reason but often not meant literally.

Still foul-mouthed of course but it is how many Filipinos talk. The domestic audience understand.

It is unfortunate when you have presidents like Trump or Duterte that reach down for the lowest common denominator. A leader is meant to take people to higher places and not drag them down in the gutter.

shri and flameproof like this.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast