Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree15Likes

#kag - Tillerson out...

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    There is a big discussion to be had on why the "mainstream" parties have suffered globally.
    Is there? I think it is pretty obvious why they have suffered. Is anyone in any doubt that inequality is rising, lower/middle class real wages have stagnated or fallen and that the "elite" are disproportionately benefiting from economic growth?

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese
    On intelligence...it is absurd to imagine that Trump has a low I.Q. Even a cursory understanding of what I.Q. means would put paid to entertaining such nonsense.
    I disagree completely. I suspect his IQ is below 100. His EQ is also sub-par which is why he makes so many gaffes and stupid comments.
    Edwardstorm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Is there? I think it is pretty obvious why they have suffered. Is anyone in any doubt that inequality is rising, lower/middle class real wages have stagnated or fallen and that the "elite" are disproportionately benefiting from economic growth?
    That is all true, but why has this happened? Globalisation might have had an impact but more importantly the mainstream parties have been captured by the elite so there is no one representing the ordinary person. The sad thing is that they voted for Trump who clearly doesn't either.

That is all true, but why has this happened?
    I think the rise of China has had a huge amount to do with it. I also think the incremental economic effects of China on the global economy are moderating and this will start to reverse over time as the average wage in China rises, the labour cost differential with the West narrows and the Chinese economy continues to shift from investment to consumption.

Globalisation might have had an impact but more importantly the mainstream parties have been captured by the elite so there is no one representing the ordinary person. The sad thing is that they voted for Trump who clearly doesn't either.
    I don't think domestic Western politics had a huge amount to do with it to be honest. As those who are voting for fringe parties will find out.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3