Like Tree50Likes

Facebook and All Your Data

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Hong Kong eh? Might be worth trolling through our database for any "Spectre" accounts.

Why not, ....you only live twice.

Headlines galore.

This will make the rise of the orange buffoon almost seem like a side show, which it kind of was.
    shri likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    "The Russians made me vote for Trump"

If your principles have been affected by crappy ads you saw on Facebook you probably didn't have any to begin with.
    Some historian’s say Joseph Goebbel’s propaganda genius was not in trying to change opinions directly (too much headwind) but in subtlely reinforcing prejudices and nudging the populace into their way of thinking.

"The Russians made me vote for Trump"

If your principles have been affected by crappy ads you saw on Facebook you probably didn't have any to begin with.
    I think its far more than crappy ads. And clearly people can be influenced. The less well educated who cannot spot the propaganda. Lets face it, Time Share salespeople have been selling crap to gullible holiday makers for decades, it's not hard to take their kind of marketing and use it for elections. Marketing works.

#DeleteFacebook is now trending on Twitter.

Crickets from Zuckerberg. Of course he did manage to sell 120 million worth of stock on Monday before the story broke...

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    And clearly people can be influenced. The less well educated who cannot spot the propaganda.
    Yup, and the best evidence is right here. 2018 in Europe.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3c28...&feature=share

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I think its far more than crappy ads. And clearly people can be influenced. The less well educated who cannot spot the propaganda. Lets face it, Time Share salespeople have been selling crap to gullible holiday makers for decades, it's not hard to take their kind of marketing and use it for elections. Marketing works.
    That might be true, but you can't blame the Russians for exploiting the stupidity Facebook gave us. Let's face it, Facebook is the direct cause of the proliferation of all those stupid things like anti-vax and flat-earth and all the other crap. Without the way Facebook works there wouldn't be such huge echo chambers.
    shri likes this.

That might be true, but you can't blame the Russians for exploiting the stupidity Facebook gave us. Let's face it, Facebook is the direct cause of the proliferation of all those stupid things like anti-vax and flat-earth and all the other crap. Without the way Facebook works there wouldn't be such huge echo chambers.
    I think there will be other echo chambers. Basically the Internet makes it possible for people to easily connect with other like-minded people. Whether it's anti-vaccine blogs, vlogs in Youtube, fake news, etc. People no longer rely on validation from their immediate peers.

As if it's a one way street...just look at the anti-Trump threads on these boards:

'The orange one'
    'The buffoon' (Who of you actually used that word before Trump/BoJo and I bet many of you liked both pre- Trump-as-POTUS/Brexit)
    'Small hands'

etc, etc... Remain had 'Project Fear'...Democrats spent a lot of time attacking Trump's haircut, for fuck sake.

They were as bad as each other...

Think harder.

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast