• 3 Post By jonastainine
  • 1 Post By mlew
  • 2 Post By HK_Katherine
  • 3 Post By sinespe
  • 1 Post By Trebor

South Korea credits Trump for opening door to talks with North

Closed Thread

South Korea credits Trump for opening door to talks with North

Fantastic to see the end of the Korean War!

https://edition.cnn.com/2018/04/26/world/korea-summit-kang-kyung-wha-amanpour-intl/index.html

History...right here!

Talk about kissing ass! The Korean really know how to play Trump’s mega ego.

TheBrit, Kowloon Goon and lbear40 like this.

North or South Korean?

jonastainine likes this.

I wonder what the truth is. Trump may be an awful president, but he IS a negotiator and perhaps sending a bully to deal with a bully is not such a daft strategy.....

Mrs. Jones and SpeakCantonese like this.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    I wonder what the truth is. Trump may be an awful president, but he IS a negotiator and perhaps sending a bully to deal with a bully is not such a daft strategy.....
    Or IMHO, Trump has no long term goal and prong to flip flops between major decisions at a moments notice, making him dangerously unpredictable, so both Koreas would rather have a relationship where they are aware how far they can push each other's buttons without going to war. Better an enemy you know, than a friend you don't.

Trump's only contribution is that he's so ignorant of diplomacy, he's pushing the two old enemies together while undermining his own country's influence in the peninsula.
    TheBrit, HK_Katherine and lbear40 like this.

Nobody really knows what goes on behind the scenes, but here's what I think happened:

Kim Jong-un is a bully and comes from a line of bullies. When the bully wanted attention, or couldn't afford to feed his family, he would act all aggressive and scary... this usually resulted in previous Presidents cravenly giving him what he wanted.

The pattern was repeated many times... angry threats followed by empty promises followed by concessions from the west... of course, in the meantime, they grew more and more powerful and dangerous....

Finally, he tried it on Trump. Trump dealt with the bully exactly how all people should deal with a bully. Everyone knows that if you give the bully your lunch money he'll be back tomorrow... Trump slapped him down.

Next task will be to do the same to Iran.

Godspeed I say...

To add... I am still very concerned about the NK citizens... I've said before that I believe a war to liberate NK would be a moral one, imho... a humanitarian one....

His nuclear testing sites were located on a mountain bordering China. Last year, during nuclear testing, he accidentally blew up the mountain and it collapsed, along with all his nuclear testing sites. Now, China is pissed and they sent scientists to monitor the nuclear fallout leaking near their border. For the first time, their main ally is considering sanctions upon them. (Source: South Morning China Post)

HK_Katherine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by sinespe:
    Or IMHO, Trump has no long term goal and prong to flip flops between major decisions at a moments notice, making him dangerously unpredictable, so both Koreas would rather have a relationship where they are aware how far they can push each other's buttons without going to war. Better an enemy you know, than a friend you don't.

Trump's only contribution is that he's so ignorant of diplomacy, he's pushing the two old enemies together while undermining his own country's influence in the peninsula.
    This is the closest to the truth... and no, Trump is not a good negotiator... in fact, he is his own worst enemy, not knowing when to shut his damn mouth...