Like Tree35Likes

Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu says he has 'conclusive proof' Iran lied about its nuclear weapons programme

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Oh and if you are going to throw insults around please say who they are directed at.
    Appearantly they are directed at me.

Can you see what part of my message was anti semitic? I cant seem to spot it....

He might be just projecting or gaslighting as he usually does, poor sod.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Anti-Semitism is endemic in the Muslim world as is homophobia and misogyny... You may not like that fact, but they, themselves told us that they have these views!

I don't like anti-Semites (racists), I don't like homophobes and I don't like misogynists... unfortunately... these ways of thinking are mainstream...
    Wow just wow... First of all, in many, many countries you will find many people that are all three of those things and you can add anti muslim to the list. A great many christians that are fairly devout are homophobes and/or very resistant to the concept some to the point of violence. Most religions don't leave much of a place to women though some of the churches are more progessive like the United Church otherwise there's very little place for them. The difference in many western countries is that there's a better separation of church and state. Again if you had interacted with muslim people instead of reading the news, you would know that the majority of them are pretty moderate, they have wives and daughters that they love very much and protect. The majority want them to be educated and successful as much as anyone unfortunately politics and the clerics(minorities) sometimes make it difficult. You don't have to go very far back to see that western countries were doing similar things, many countries have moved a little slower and not just muslims. Even in HK, homosexuality is not exactly mainstream and it was still illegal under the British until 1991 and it was only in 2005 that the legal age of consent was harmonized with heterosexuals. You're quite happy to point the negative extremes and even claim they are mainstream yet I bet you've never lived in a muslim country. I doubt you would have the courage to say most of the crap you say about them to their face. Your last answer to that... Once again biased...they would use violence. Far more fights on a weekend night in the UK or US than there are in muslim countries, I guarantee you that... It helps that they don't get shitfaced as much as brits do....

You might also want to learn a bit more about history. You will see that historically, the muslims and the jews got along reasonably well. The pogroms and the holocaust had nothing to do with the muslims. The creation of Israel(another botched Brit effort along with India's partition) created a difficult situation in Palestine that is still problematic today. Turkey ended up helping a great many jews during the persecutions of WWII. The antisemitism you describe is probable best describes as anti israel and not really anti jews. It's not rooted in religion but in territorial dispute and recent violence committed against each other over the last half century

Anyway... we're drifting off topic here...

https://www.cnn.com/2018/04/30/middl...sis/index.html

Israel is lying about its own nuclear weapons for ever. Nethanyahu's snake oil pitch is backfiring.

It's a lot easier to find politicians telling lies than ones telling the truth and yes I have a very negative bias against politicians. I trust none of them because the nature of their job forces them to be crooked and make concessions to get where they are.

The Sansom Option if Israel is destroyed by traditional warfare may of kept the neighboring states from launching significant military actions who state that the annihilation of Israel is needed. That Israel keeps a very well equipped and highly trained conventional military which is sufficient in itself to deter any military aggression probably shows that nuclear weapons really are a deterrent of last resort.

Obviously the situation is extremely complex with issues on many sides but one territory has the stability of democracy.

SpeakCantonese and Flapster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mlew:
    Israel is lying about its own nuclear weapons for ever.
    In what way?

Surely they want to have neighboring nations believe they have a nuclear deterrent without ever stating they do. A Lie?

Israel has gotten away with murder for ever--with the blanket permit by their compatriots broad.

Don't forget the 6 Day War. Israel is fully nuclear armed, under the nose of US, EU, China and all who is in the know.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast