Like Tree35Likes

Israel's Benjamin Netanyahu says he has 'conclusive proof' Iran lied about its nuclear weapons programme

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mlew:
    Don't forget the 6 Day War. Israel is fully nuclear armed, under the nose of US, EU, China and all who is in the know.
    Good. Nukes exist and they're not going away. Given that, I don't have too much of a problem with secular democracies having nukes. Especially when they are our allies.
    Flapster likes this.

True, Muslims don't drink, and alcohol is often the root of bar-room brawls in US and especially in UK.

Judiasm is a religion, no?

Judiasm is a religion, no?

"Israel's 1948 declaration of independence guarantees “complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex.” So Israel may be a “Jewish state” in a cultural sense, but at least no more so than America can be called a “Christian state.”"

SpeakCantonese likes this.

Don't forget the 6 Day War.
    As with most things there is a complex background to the start of any conflict.

Israel with its 50,000 troops full time troops took on 240,000 (100K deployed) troops Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Iraq & Lebanon. Perhaps it should of withdrawn from seized territory but there was no certainty it would win a war against so many of its neighbours.

Israel is fully nuclear armed, under the nose of US, EU, China and all who is in the know.
    It probably is but the use of independent independent inspectors was again voted down recently.

The state of Israel is built on the religious "promised land" and you don't want to live in Israel as a non-Jew, believe me.

The state of Israel is built on the religious "promised land" and you don't want to live in Israel as a non-Jew, believe me.
    Sorry, I do not believe you as you have provided no references or context in any of your posts. Aren't social freedoms for followers of Islam greater in Israel than in many Muslim states - they were the last time I was there but things do change.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

"Israel's 1948 declaration of independence guarantees “complete equality of social and political rights to all its inhabitants irrespective of religion, race or sex.” So Israel may be a “Jewish state” in a cultural sense, but at least no more so than America can be called a “Christian state.”"

Do you really believe that? I have absolutely no problem with Israel existing as a state but I find it hard to describe it as a secular state where all are equal.

True, Muslims don't drink, and alcohol is often the root of bar-room brawls in US and especially in UK.
    Many muslim drink but they do so in the privacy of their homes and not often in public. Muslims unlike what some seem to think are like any other people from various religions. Levels of commitment vary and not everything is followed to the letter. Catholics are not supposed to divorce or have abortions but many still do. Life goes on... It's convenient for bigots to paint all muslim with the same fanatic brush but it's very far from the truth.
    East_coast likes this.

Don't worry, US will never let Israel fall, not with the huge Jewish compatriot constituency on the "East Coast".

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast