French court overturns marriage anullment

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    Sylvesterjay - what if I post here that I heard someone say you beat your wife? Well I _of course_ don't believe it, but if I find a crowd that thinks as lowly of you as apparently everyone here thinks of Muslims as a whole?

...But just spreading some hearsay "information" about how the west is under siege by Islam... blah. Listening too much to Rush Limbaugh, anyone?
    Am I spreading rumours or did I ask for clarification AND preface it with my comments that I did indeed believe the information was and is "inflammatory and inciteful?"

I have a number of very close Muslim friends, thank you very much.
    Last edited by ReverendJay; 18-11-2008 at 12:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sylvesterjay:
    Thanks Jaykay, I figured it was a rumour. Any truth to the flag issue?
    No, just another in the long line of bollox stories. If you saw any of the rememberance day stuff on TV you may have noticed the odd flag flying. Trouble is these stories (which are usually based on one weird council or a deliberatly mis-interpreted email or memo) become accepted as truth, like the ones about asylum seekers getting massive handouts. Just stirs up hatred but it sells papers so who gives a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by Beuze:
    The women did lie about her virginity but then should we allow annulment for all marriage where lie occur before. Let say the husband lie to is wife to be about screwing her sister before should we grant an annulment for that too ?
    I think deception can be grounds for anullment.

I'm just suprised PLDM hasn't pointed out the spelling mistake in the thread title!

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    No, just another in the long line of bollox stories. If you saw any of the rememberance day stuff on TV you may have noticed the odd flag flying. Trouble is these stories (which are usually based on one weird council or a deliberatly mis-interpreted email or memo) become accepted as truth, like the ones about asylum seekers getting massive handouts. Just stirs up hatred but it sells papers so who gives a damn.
    Exactly. There was an issue that the Union flag was flown on only certain days over Downing Street but that was changed as there was no reasoning behind it. All civil buildings can fly the flag all year round.

What was an issue was vehicle number plates. The Union flag or the flags of England, Scotland or Wales are not permitted but the Euro flag is permitted along with the GB designation. This, we are told by the Labour government, is to align with the rest of Europe.

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    There was isolated cases of the England flag (St George cross) being banned.
    Unfortunately this flag was heavily used by the British National Party and other Fascist/Racist groups to promote their cause. I would imagine in some areas it became an issue but given the number of English Flags flying when England manage to get into World Cup finals I don't think it is a real issue.

Sarcasm - because beating the crap out of people is illegal
    ...when England manage to get into World Cup finals I don't think it is a real issue.
    When? I think you mean "if"...

Quote Originally Posted by Claire ex-ax:
    When? I think you mean "if"...
    By when I meant (unfortunately) on the rare occasion that they manage to get into the finals

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    By when I meant (unfortunately) on the rare occasion that they manage to get into the finals
    You might be the only one old enough to remember that this is possible

Quote Originally Posted by MovingIn07:
    The UK of today is not the one I left 12 years ago. I, for one, am never planning to return full time.
    I think many Brits feel the same way. More than 5.1 million Brits now live permanently abroad (I suspect the true figure may be slightly higher as many leave without informing HM Revenue and Customers or register with British consulates abroad) and it is a trend that is likely to continue. I have no intention to return - even in a wooden box.

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    You might be the only one old enough to remember that this is possible
    I'm even old enough to remember us winning it - just.