Like Tree33Likes

Trump pulls out of Iran Deal

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Only if Xi tells him to.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Like Obama when he kicked the can down the road 10 years.
    Blaming this president or the previous makes no difference - you can't negotiate complex long term agreements if the other party has no faith you will stick to them.

Whether you liked the Iran agreement or not, it was signed and ratified and Iran has complied with the terms. Reneging on it now will make doing such deals much harder for Trump, as well as the poor sod who comes in afterwards to clean up his mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stu79:
    Whether you liked the Iran agreement or not, it was signed and ratified and Iran has complied with the terms. Reneging on it now will make doing such deals much harder for Trump, as well as the poor sod who comes in afterwards to clean up his mess.
    I didn't like the Iran agreement.

Nothing wrong with pulling out of a bad deal. In my view, it simply shows bullies that any 'deals' they do with soft Presidents can be undone when someone with balls gets into power.

Listen, I like Obama... he's a better man than Trump will ever be... but he is a girly man who takes the line of least resistance whenever he can...

I say yes, well done Pres Trumpy! Screw the ayatollahs.

In fact, I'm pretty sure the mullahs never stopped working on the bomb on the quiet, deal or no deal. But with sanctions back, it might slow them down or fester internal dissatisfaction. Maybe even a regime change somewhere down the road? In the short term they will have less cash to send to their puppets in Yemen, Syria and Lebanon, although even that wasn't that bad - shia killing sunnies and vice versa has never caused me any lost sleep, praise be to Allah the merciful...

On the side note, there were no atomic bombs, or any bombs for that matter, during the times of the prophet. Why do they want to use this disgusting infidel technology instead of building more medreses?

And last, but not least - let's not stop with Iran, but also sanction Saudis, who are even worse terrorists, responsible for most of what's wrong with the islamic world today, as perceived by the "West".

if the US isn't so anti nuke then why they don't disarm first? And when looking at the Iran 'deal', where does the US reduces its weapons? Totally double standard.

Don't negotiate with terrorists.
    Any example? Can't see where Iran is different from any other country.

I didn't like the Iran agreement.

Nothing wrong with pulling out of a bad deal. In my view, it simply shows bullies that any 'deals' they do with soft Presidents can be undone when someone with balls gets into power.

Listen, I like Obama... he's a better man than Trump will ever be... but he is a girly man who takes the line of least resistance whenever he can...
    Obama was a better orator and, I strongly suspect, more likeable as a person. As a politician he has achieved nothing I can think of, although he didn't screw up too badly either, except for the Iran deal. Trump is a clown and keeps steering shit up, often for no good reason and randomly. And randomly he seems to hit the target from time to time

can't say whether this is correct or not, but it does NOT make our government look good on the international stage especially when allies are against the pull out. further confirms that whatever deal you make with US, it may be only valid for a few years. a lot countries go back on their words but at least most don't claim the moral high ground. let's see how this plays out.

Morrison likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    Obama was a better orator and, I strongly suspect, more likeable as a person. As a politician he has achieved nothing I can think of, although he didn't screw up too badly either, except for the Iran deal. Trump is a clown and keeps steering shit up, often for no good reason and randomly. And randomly he seems to hit the target from time to time
    I think Obama split the US in half. I think he's a racist. The way he dealt with Zimmerman and then 'clockboy' and BLM... he was an extremely divisive President.

Unmitigated f'ing disaster. And will make people like Xi stronger if US is weaker. <snip>

Last edited by shri; 09-05-2018 at 10:13 AM. Reason: Might just attract some attention that we don't need.
    TheBrit likes this.

I think Obama split the US in half. I think he's a racist. The way he dealt with Zimmerman and then 'clockboy' and BLM... he was an extremely divisive President.
    Wow, you're on a roll today.
    HK_Katherine likes this.