Like Tree69Likes

The Royal Wedding - TV / Online Streaming in Hong Kong?

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    Original Post Deleted
    Your 'just' refers to 94% of the cost.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/18/the-...-security.html
    Golem likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    No one knows so it is just make a figure up time. For example one estimate I saw included the pro-rata salary of all police and forces as though they would not be paid otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    Security at the last wedding cost over £6 million
    Didn't the extra cost of the wedding have special funding from the national parliament at around £2.8m

With 18m viewers in the UK that would work out at around 16p per domestic viewer. What was the cost per viewer when you factor in international viewers?

Again how much did it cost for the viewers to see the event?

Pretty cheap advertising for the UK.

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ro...tor-2018-05-14

TheBrit, kimwy66, shri and 1 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Once again, when there's no transparency, there's a lot of guesswork. Bottom line is a lot of taxpayers money for fluff

Original Post Deleted
    I don't really care, it's not my money nor would I waste time watching it. I guess it's good for those colonial brits trying to remember the times when the UK was an empire and mattered.

I don't really care, it's not my money nor would I waste time watching it. I guess it's good for those colonial brits trying to remember the times when the UK was an empire and mattered.
    It seems you do care.

Not sure why you seem to think it is about colonial brits trying to remember the times when the UK was an empire and mattered. Surely there can't be too many 90+ year olds around. Luckily the UK monarchy seems to be moving on unlike its detractors

Natfixit likes this.

In a poll 56% said the lifestyles of members of the Royal Family were too extravagant. Only 39% thought they were about right and just 1% that they were too modest.
    Similarly, 57% thought the state gave the monarchy too much money - but the older generation more generous with 47% of the over 50s saying it was too much against 66% of the under 30s.

In a poll 56% said the lifestyles of members of the Royal Family were too extravagant. Only 39% thought they were about right and just 1% that they were too modest.
    Similarly, 57% thought the state gave the monarchy too much money - but the older generation more generous with 47% of the over 50s saying it was too much against 66% of the under 30s.

Citation?

Quote Originally Posted by kimwy66:
    Hope you managed to watch it @Elegiaque. Fortunately there were several live streams on Youtube, so it was very easy to see. It looked to be a lovely day that everyone seemed to enjoy.

I thought the wedding dress was a bit plain, but her evening dress was beautiful.
    Yes, streamed it on the BBC. No real commentary due to squealing kids. I'm glad someone like her has fallen into this position. Let's see what comes of it in the future!

Closed Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast