Like Tree148Likes

Xinjiang — ethnic minorities — “transformation through education.”

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    And what exactly do you expect by posting this article? Oh my God, it is absolutely terrible!!!! How can China do such a thing? My thoughts and prayers are with the poor minorities...China is a bad bad bad country. How's that? More to your liking? I'm sure that's really going to help the oppressed...
    The article was a new take on the issue by showing large scale contracts to build new internment camps. The increased pressure has been widely reported.

Inside the camps where China tries to brainwash Muslims until they love the party and hate their own culture | South China Morning Post

Why post such an article in a Chinese based discussion forum? It is something our government is doing to our fellow citizens who don't tow the party line and seems kinda relevant to the future of Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    An opinion piece that either quotes Radio Free Asia or other opinions.

I wonder why the NYT published this under the opinion section? Lack of credible sources perhaps?
    Oh god, even if you would desperately try to discount this one article, there are literally gazillions of other well funded articles and reports on the CCP crushing non-Han minorities in the past decade(s).

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    Why post such an article in a Chinese based discussion forum? It is something our government is doing to our fellow citizens who don't tow the party line and seems kinda relevant to the future of Hong Kong.
    I didn't ask why you posted it, I asked what you expected from posting it... Either you bait the pro China or you hope for yet another China bashing love fest... It's been happening for years, it's going to continue happening in China and elsewhere. It doesn't really relate much to Hong Kong either. It's just yet another excuse to say China is bad, very bad, terribly bad, horribly bad. There. that should make you happy now

I have no idea how this could be viewed as self aggrandisement but then again, who knows what goes on in that head of yours. Perhaps you need to review the definition... Probably applies far more to the OP who loves being Don Quichotte fighting the evil empire. You might want to stick with misanthrope. It's another big word, you can pat yourself on the back for that...

As an expert on sneering, you should know... and unlike you, I have yet to be described as the local geoexpat bully

Quote Originally Posted by Golem:
    I didn't ask why you posted it, I asked what you expected from posting it... Either you bait the pro China or you hope for yet another China bashing love fest... It's been happening for years, it's going to continue happening in China and elsewhere. It doesn't really relate much to Hong Kong either. It's just yet another excuse to say China is bad, very bad, terribly bad, horribly bad. There. that should make you happy now
    The article had new evidence cited directly from the CCP web pages. That was the reason for posting it

Original Post Deleted
    Distraction by focusing on a single point and then when the position untenable to further distract or defend the CCP, silence.

The easy thing would be to condemn it but suggest there is a lack of hard evidence due to the totalitarian regimes iron grip on reporting in that area.
    Gatts and Mefisto like this.

I'm pretty sure life in Chinese prisons/"reeducation camps" is pretty shit. But as we see time and time again in various "prison dramas" from the US of A, spending some time incarcerated there is no big fun either. Where is the stink about that on Geoexpat? Poor Whiny the Pooh is being singled out unfairly here I'd say

Quote Originally Posted by orel100x:
    I'm pretty sure life in Chinese prisons/"reeducation camps" is pretty shit. But as we see time and time again in various "prison dramas" from the US of A, spending some time incarcerated there is no big fun either. Where is the stink about that on Geoexpat? Poor Whiny the Pooh is being singled out unfairly here I'd say
    There's also the link to terrorism. I know we all like to quote from textbooks, but look at all the countries failing to put a human face in the battle to deal with extremism. Whether it's....

Israel/Palestine
    Southern Thailand
    Myanmar
    Russia in Chechnya
    Western Allies in Afghanistan
    Western Allies in Syria/Iraq
    and the list goes on and on....

https://videopress.com/v/Lgd59fEM

Interestingly, this was never mentioned by the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant:
    There's also the link to terrorism. I know we all like to quote from textbooks, but look at all the countries failing to put a human face in the battle to deal with extremism. Whether it's....

Israel/Palestine
    Southern Thailand
    Myanmar
    Russia in Chechnya
    Western Allies in Afghanistan
    Western Allies in Syria/Iraq
    and the list goes on and on....

https://videopress.com/v/Lgd59fEM

Interestingly, this was never mentioned by the OP.
    I'm sure you can blame all of it on Israel somehow

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 30 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 10 ... LastLast