Like Tree71Likes

Trump pulls out of NK summit

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

I like to read up this guy's view.

For me the media is obsessed with telling us what NK and USA wants, but what do the SK wants? Are they chopped liver?

Ask a Korean!

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine:
    Is this covered in Art of the Deal?
    The NYT has a good summary for the liberals who like to read fake news and don't have South Korean friends.

Mr. Trump approached Mr. Kim, the North Korean leader, as if he were a competing property developer haggling over a prized asset — and assumed that, in the end, Mr. Kim would be willing to give it all up for the promise of future prosperity. So he started with threats of “fire and fury,” then turned to surprise initiatives, then gratuitous flattery of one of the world’s more brutal dictators.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/w...otiations.html
    jonastainine likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    I'm sure I had read reports a few weeks ago that it was on the verge of collapsing ... fake destruction.
    Mhm. I think like ages and ages ago (last year??), there was a thing going on saying that the test site had already been rendered unusable after the last batch of tests they did. So lmao either way, it was useless for them.

The drums of war are playing.
    Bolton was always a warmonger and now the Orange one is talking since he got egg on his face:

Likewise, I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us
    He couldn't get Mexico to pay for the wall, what are the chances he'll get Japan and ROK to pay for a war

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCoombs:
    The drums of war are playing.
    Bolton was always a warmonger and now the Orange one is talking since he got egg on his face:

Likewise, I have spoken to South Korea and Japan and they are not only ready should foolish or reckless acts be taken by North Korea, but they are willing to shoulder much of the cost of any financial burden, any of the costs associated by the United States in operations if such an unfortunate situation is forced upon us

He couldn't get Mexico to pay for the wall, what are the chances he'll get Japan and ROK to pay for a war
    I think he means that he'll get North Korea to pay for the war against it.
    Trump's a great negotiator: the best negotiator.
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ark:
    Mhm. I think like ages and ages ago (last year??), there was a thing going on saying that the test site had already been rendered unusable after the last batch of tests they did. So lmao either way, it was useless for them.
    A big part of journalism is fact checking and confirmation. I read an article before that mentioned that the biggest failing the West has on NK is that many of the news coming out of that country are simply gossips and hearsays that cannot be independently verified, but got published like they are true because of how wacky some of them are. Like how KJU executed his uncle by mortar fire, or feeding prisoners to dogs. Sensationalists yes, how reliable only god knows.

So it's like a situation where many things we know about NK are probably assumptions and best estimates. The US, on the other hand, reads like an open book. There's an old Gulf War joke :

"How did Saddam know so much about US troop movements?"
    "He turned on CNN."

@HowardCoombs - One of these has your name on it.

(And anyone else looking for these .. they're on the White House Gift Shop - discounted as of today!)

Name:  whitehouse.jpg
Views: 408
Size:  34.2 KB

HowardCoombs likes this.

Well, to be fair, he did say in his letter to Pyongyang that it could still happen... so this is not news.

Quote Originally Posted by SpeakCantonese:
    Well, to be fair, he did say in his letter to Pyongyang that it could still happen... so this is not news.
    Whether it does or does not : does not change the fact that this summit / non-summit will go down as the greatest point in the history of coiffure

Name:  aa.jpg
Views: 355
Size:  258.6 KB
    shri, sinespe and Morrison like this.