Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26
Like Tree88Likes

Brexit: EU preparing to delay

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    I would suggest the executive branch should come up with a vision of what they want and see if it has backing. Even informally it was clear the last deal from the EU was a non-starter. The backstop really is a terrible proposition as is giving all the cah before negotiating trade terms.

I believe Mrs May's strategy has been to try to find the least offensive proposal to all and run the clock down hoping parliament would vote for. Labour are now only just sort of saying what they want bit I am still not clear that but with no clarity just vague concepts that look more like an attempt to destabilise the conservatives than be constructive suggestions.

Perhaps Mrs May should invite the leaders of the EU to address parliament rather than flapping around Europe trying to appease everyone....
    And the executive branch don't know what they want . I am beyond despair at what a dysfunctional balls up it all is. It might have been better with a UKIP government, at least there would be some sort of vision! (and no I don't really think that).
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    And the executive branch don't know what they want .
    They certainly can't articulate it even if they do.

I am not sure what the EU wants either to be honest. I guess they want a very messy separation to dissuade any further XXXXits. Perhaps Mr Trump was correct and the UK should just sue the EU for not allowing article 50 to be enacted in a meaningful way. The backstop looks to break article 50 to me.

Who does Donald Tusk think he is? We’ve always been so civil with these ‘EU dirty rats’

Telling EU leaders they’re like Hitler is exactly the sort of skilled diplomacy that has made these Brexit negotiations pass off so smoothly
    dengxi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    They certainly can't articulate it even if they do.

I am not sure what the EU wants either to be honest. I guess they want a very messy separation to dissuade any further XXXXits. Perhaps Mr Trump was correct and the UK should just sue the EU for not allowing article 50 to be enacted in a meaningful way. The backstop looks to break article 50 to me.
    The EU seems fairly clear in wanting the UK to remain in the EU. The UK Brexit supporters don’t have an alternative plan for a better political and economic structure for Europe, but presumably hope that one can be found if the EU as it is can be sufficiently damaged by Brexit that it is forced to restructure.

Page 26 of 26 FirstFirst ... 18 23 24 25 26