Like Tree66Likes

Shamima Begum, Bethnal Green girl who fled to Syria

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Quote Original Post:
    I'm guessing he knows that his decision will be overturned on appeal but he's taken a "tough stance" because he's a politician and that's what the public seems to want.
    There's being seen to be tough, and then there's being capricious, racist, misogynistic wankers.

https://www.freedomunited.org/news/c...in-yarls-wood/

An interesting take :
    You have to answer the question what if, in this case, what if an antisemitic government got in?, What if that government labeled Israel as an apartheid state and then, anyone who supports that government as undesirable....

Reminder : this blithering numbskull has not been convicted of anything but stripped of her citizenship.

https://twitter.com/WillardFoxton/st...26301104353280

And also Northern Irish. Or anyone in UK with an Irish granny.
    This is dangerous policy.

Quote Original Post:
    But I don't get it... she was 15, probably being rebellious and frustrated with her life. Now she's had to live through seeing 2 of her babies die. Why is she supposed to be remorseful to the whole of the UK population? Why was that BBC interviewer hounding her for being sorry about Manchester?

And she's STILL just 19!!!

I actually sent in a complaint to the BBC about that interview.
    54% of people in the UK never apologized for their support of the Iraq war. A bunch of hypocrites.

Now they engage in medieval banishment, yet tell the world they're civilized.

Quote Original Post:
    But I don't get it... she was 15, probably being rebellious and frustrated with her life. Now she's had to live through seeing 2 of her babies die. Why is she supposed to be remorseful to the whole of the UK population? Why was that BBC interviewer hounding her for being sorry about Manchester?

And she's STILL just 19!!!

I actually sent in a complaint to the BBC about that interview.
    If you knew your life and childs life depended on it,
    couldnt you find a way to apologize for something that your friends did and you supported even though you didnt personally commit the act?

She doesnt even say - I miss my friends, my family, the chicken shop in Bethnal Green, BBC Radio 1Xtra - nothing. She makes no effort to convey any sense that she has a positive feeling towards Britain, and yet she says we should feel sympathy for her and help her return?
    angeluscomplex and mrgoodkat like this.

Quote Original Post:
    For her child's sake?

Free NHS.
    Free benefits
    Free Child benefits

Great, lets divert attention to a jihadi bride with an innocent child. Maybe the government should allocate more resources to solving burglaries, muggings and gang/knife crime.

Quote Original Post:
    Great, lets divert attention to a jihadi bride with an innocent child. Maybe the government should allocate more resources to solving burglaries, muggings and gang/knife crime.
    Or more importantly at the moment the issue of Brexit

Quote Original Post:
    Or is psychologcally damaged, for example having two of your babies die can be a bit upsetting I would have thought.
    And to be groomed as a child into this life. I suspect she doesn't know what to be remorseful about let alone how to show it.

Oops.

Bangladesh asserts that Ms Shamima Begum is not a Bangladeshi citizen. She is a British citizen by birth and never applied for dual nationality with Bangladesh There is no question of her being allowed to enter into Bangladesh.
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ted-says-javid
    civil_servant likes this.

Similar situation developing in the U. S.

Alabama Woman Who Joined ISIS Cant Return Home, Pompeo Says

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/20/w...is-pompeo.html

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast