Like Tree66Likes

Shamima Begum, Bethnal Green girl who fled to Syria

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Shamima Begum, Bethnal Green girl who fled to Syria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SooDVtENq9c

It is worth a listen just to see how normal it all sounds. She sled as a 15yo to the caliphate in Syria. Now at 19 and after the death of 2 kids and a 3rd on the way she wants to return to the UK.

I agree with Jacob Rhys Mogg on this rather than the Home Secretary Sajid Javid

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=SooDVtENq9c

It is worth a listen just to see how normal it all sounds. She sled as a 15yo to the caliphate in Syria. Now at 19 and after the death of 2 kids and a 3rd on the way she wants to return to the UK.

I agree with Jacob Rhys Mogg on this rather than the Home Secretary Sajid Javid
    Without having read anything in any detail I was sympathetic to her situation - 15 year olds make stupid mistakes and can be brainwashed. Having listened to her she shows no regret and I think continues to be a threat. I do wonder whether psychological help might be required, her reactions are not normal given what she has been through.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

Neither are right. Radicalized in the UK, stay in the UK. Don't shift your problems onto others. De-radicalization strategies in their home environment is a necessity.

MS-13, radicalized in LA, deported, and now one of the most violent gangs in Central America. Then they ask for a wall.

timonoj likes this.

I wouldnt let her back in, whats to stop her brain washing others into joining ISIS.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    I wouldnt let her back in, whats to stop her brain washing others into joining ISIS.
    Stitching.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Without having read anything in any detail I was sympathetic to her situation - 15 year olds make stupid mistakes and can be brainwashed. Having listened to her she shows no regret and I think continues to be a threat. I do wonder whether psychological help might be required, her reactions are not normal given what she has been through.
    I would suggest that it is possibly normal if you have grown up surrounded by violence. If she has committed a crime she should be charged but no evidence she did commit any crime. The question is how she can be rehabilitated as sympathetically as possible. 19 is still very young and she looks to of had a traumatic time.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007:
    Perhaps the government should lock up without trial her extended family, people she knows and anyone else they deem a potential risk. A few years of knitting and thanking the Queen for their meals should teach them to be model citizens.

To be fair she probably saw her fair share of severed heads in bins growing up in Bethnal Green

East_coast and Cwbguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by GentleGeorge:
    To be fair she probably saw her fair share of severed heads in bins growing up in Bethnal Green
    Even Google have to go around at night for street view images!!!

https://www.google.com/maps/@51.5281...7i13312!8i6656

Original Post Deleted
    For her child's sake?

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast