Like Tree80Likes

Boeing 737 MAX Crashes and Grounding News

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17

Mefisto likes this.

Production has been halted ...

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    It's pretty clear the profit driven culture at Boeing needs to change. The board loading up the new CEO with financial incentives to get the MAX flying again is a massive step in the wrong direction, in my opinion.
    This is the dilemma of all publicly traded companies. Doing the right thing means making sure the balance sheet looks good - serving the shareholders rather than those who use the product. In most cases it means your laptop is made with inferior components or your shirt is manufactured in an environmentally unfriendly way. In Boeing's case the consequences are severe - planes fall out of the sky and people die.

It's a system that promotes the tail wagging the dog. I'm not sure how to fix it. You could say government regulation but throwing more government into the equation creates a new set of issues.

All that said, I agree that certain Boeing employees need to be behind bars.
    jgl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    This is the dilemma of all publicly traded companies. Doing the right thing means making sure the balance sheet looks good - serving the shareholders rather than those who use the product. In most cases it means your laptop is made with inferior components or your shirt is manufactured in an environmentally unfriendly way. In Boeing's case the consequences are severe - planes fall out of the sky and people die.

It's a system that promotes the tail wagging the dog. I'm not sure how to fix it. You could say government regulation but throwing more government into the equation creates a new set of issues.

All that said, I agree that certain Boeing employees need to be behind bars.
    Better regulation would have helped. The FAA was (is) completely captured by Boeing. This should never have been allowed to happen, but it took two tragic accidents for it to come to wider public attention.

Long tern claw back clauses on senior management compensation would also help imho.
    huja and jgl like this.

hongkong7 likes this.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 9 14 15 16 17