Like Tree60Likes

Mass shooting at mosque in NZ

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine
    I hate to even think it but I wonder if this is a reaction to Jacinda open and (imho) wise approach to inclusion. She's certainly been vocal on the world stage saying things a right wing thug would not appreciate.
    The New Zealand shooter posted that he would "live stream" this mass murder on 8Chan before he committed the mass murder (I will not post the link to his declaration because I don't want to promote the shooter and make him a martyr). I am guessing the New Zealand shooter probably doesn't like Jacinda but it goes beyond that. Right now, there is rise of the "alt-right" across various countries around the world.

To understand what 8Chan is, it's the more disgusting version of 4Chan. 4Chan is a message board that has been infested by the alt-right, but even as bad as 4Chan is (and it is pretty bad), they still have some rules there. Some people disliked the rules at 4Chan so 8Chan was founded.

From what I have read so far, the shooter was a white supremacist and was brainwashed by the alt-right. And yes, pretty much everybody on the alt-right are against inclusion and they are also against the immigration of minorities (minorities being non-Caucasian).
    shri, Happy Guy, Mefisto and 2 others like this.

http://nzh.tw/12213205

"It took almost half an hour, more than half an hour by the time the ambulance could arrive and I think he must have died."

"The police also took 20 minutes to come. We are in the middle of the city," he said angrily.

Typical Nz efficiency.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz Paul
    http://nzh.tw/12213205

"It took almost half an hour, more than half an hour by the time the ambulance could arrive and I think he must have died."

"The police also took 20 minutes to come. We are in the middle of the city," he said angrily.

Typical Nz efficiency.
    You're a very positive guy aren't you...Anything else you want to complain about on the day of this tragic event?
    juanalias likes this.

New Zealand needs to take a serious look at its gun laws particularly semi-automatic rifles.

Football16 likes this.

How many more of these shootings need to happen before the general public wakes the f..k up and demands tighter restrictions on weapons?

What I am not grasping - even in setting aside the USA - is how the weakest of people in politics seem to be those most strongly advocating for guns in the hands of 'law abiding' citizens versus stricter controls including background checks.

Canada's next PM - if the Conservatives win - is not dissimilar to those weak people who believe they're safer possessing guns and that semi-automatic weapons are fine in the hands of law abiding citizens. While this Tory Leader of the Opposition has removed his gun policy it's not out of the media. I never thought I'd see a serious political leader suggest that there be a gun Ombudsman to "advocate" for gun owners and to place in the gun advocate (called Ombudsman strangely) the power to designate which guns are to be restricted.

Let's hope that the US Sandy Hook families win the court case against the gun manufacturers as a win in the USA where it's ground zero for guns might change the course of guns globally. The lawyers there have seized on the advertising for the AR-15 used to kill 26 in 264 seconds which speaks of being great for any mission like a soldier. A court has ruled that on this narrow basis their court case can proceed.

Guns currently are protected in the USA from the manufacturer being sued but this case looks promising.

spode likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    New Zealand needs to take a serious look at its gun laws particularly semi-automatic rifles.
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...UEBnV9eXHJDPXw
    spode likes this.

The manifesto indicates that he moved to New Zealand to stage his attack, which he had been planning for two years. His aim, he said, was to defend “our lands” from “invaders,” to “reduce immigration rates” and to deepen division and start a civil war in the United States.
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...=.21a9881994d1

Watched Ardern, sounds confident and competent and in control. Impressive.

East_coast and juanalias like this.