Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Mass shooting at mosque in NZ

Unfortunately, radicalization of Western society is just starting. I expect a lot more events of this type to occur in the future. I see radicalization happening around us on a daily basis. Whether it's friends, family, or even stories in the media. People are unplugging from traditional media on masse and surround themselves with extremist ideologies. Stories like the above are the end result. Trump is not a cause of this. He's a symptom of the radicalization that has already occured prior to him running for president. However, the danger in that is that he now provides an echo or validation of extremist thought from a position of power.

spode likes this.

Radicalization of Western Society is the same as the radicalization of muslims. It's a small minority that is creating headlines and they are mostly cowards that are afraid of change and not confident enough to adapt and fit in a new world. It's the refuge of the dumb and the incompetent that feel their place threatened by people better than them. When you are strong,confident and competent, you don't worry about competition.

Whether it's race, gender, sexual orientation or anything else, if a person is happy with themselves, they will let others take their place in society on merit and won't fear or oppose it.

Quote Originally Posted by Football16
    How many more of these shootings...
    Welcome back Football!
    Football16 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Watched Ardern, sounds confident and competent and in control. Impressive.
    Agree in both tone and content.

Condolences, very sad day.
    HK_Katherine likes this.

'Not all white people are racist.' 'Maybe he just had a bad day.' 'There are crazy people everywhere.' 'This is karma for what Muslims did to us.'

Plenty of these comments on Facebook.

angeluscomplex likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by civil_servant
    Blaming immigration policy is nonsensical. The Middle Eastern/Latin American/African population in New Zealand merely increased from 0.7% to 1.2% within 13 years. On the contrary it's interesting to note the Asian population increased from 6.6% to 11.8% within the same period, but Asians are never targeted in any attacks to 'prevent white genocide'.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by kungpaochicken
    Blaming immigration policy is nonsensical. The Middle Eastern/Latin American/African population in New Zealand merely increased from 0.7% to 1.2% within 13 years. On the contrary it's interesting to note the Asian population increased from 6.6% to 11.8% within the same period, but Asians are never targeted in any attacks to 'prevent white genocide'.
    I would argue it is the ease of availability of hate speech and semi-automatic weapons coupled with the millions of people out there who are all different.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    I would argue it is the ease of availability of hate speech and semi-automatic weapons coupled with the millions of people out there who are all different.
    If I may take the liberty of minor embellishment: intolerant idealogies, semi-automatic weapons and millions of bat-shit crazy people.
    GentleGeorge and kimwy66 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun
    If I may take the liberty of minor embellishment: intolerant idealogies, semi-automatic weapons and millions of bat-shit crazy people.
    Would you say the killer had an ideology? Just seems like racist hate to me.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    Would you say the killer had an ideology? Just seems like racist hate to me.
    The two are far from exclusive!
    East_coast likes this.

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast