Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11
Like Tree14Likes

Brexit 2.0 - October 31, 2019

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile
    The fact that the Irish government do not want to talk about anything that might lead to a hard border is irrelevant to your point.
    Does anyone want a hard border? I really doesn't need a comment as it is just a statement that everyone is stating.

I am still intrigued, do you have any connection to the Conservative Party?
    I have no affiliations with any political party. Some find it easier to bash a party to the economic right but if you look at the policies implemented it is usually a tapestry of problems over time.

In Brexit I do think the opposition never having an opinion and constantly asking for another election for 2 years was just party politics and not good for the country. It is possible to hold that view and think that Mrs May is a bad leader and the EU are intransigent - yes. There is no side that has been a glowing beacon of decency in this process.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast
    Does anyone want a hard border? I really doesn't need a comment as it is just a statement that everyone is stating.
    And therefore it should not be a surprise that the Irish government will not talk to the UK government about anything that could lead that way. This does not mean the EU have forbidden the two governments to talk.

I have no affiliations with any political party. Some find it easier to bash a party to the economic right but if you look at the policies implemented it is usually a tapestry of problems over time.

In Brexit I do think the opposition never having an opinion and constantly asking for another election for 2 years was just party politics and not good for the country. It is possible to hold that view and think that Mrs May is a bad leader and the EU are intransigent - yes. There is no side that has been a glowing beacon of decency in this process.
    And where's your decency? You never ever said anything nice about anyone? Instead you smear some with misquotes. Usually people would apologize for that. Not only that, you undermine democracy, have little idea of the processes involved, showed little understanding European history and cultural ties, and lied about discussions not being able to take place.

Dear Leave campaign,

Thank you for lying to the people. It's been absolutely fantastic. We'll lose our freedoms inside Europe, good jobs, and best of all, you've reignited the flame in Ireland. We've lost the confidence of our trading partners and EU citizens now feel uneasy about living here. When we opposed your ideas, we were called remoaners and traitors. Your idea of democracy is absolutely wonderful.

Thank you.
    Last edited by civil_servant; 16-04-2019 at 09:11 AM.

And therefore it should not be a surprise that the Irish government will not talk to the UK government about anything that could lead that way. This does not mean the EU have forbidden the two governments to talk.
    As I read it the UK asked for talks on ways to get as invisible a border as possible and this was turned down. Perhaps it is internal bias but that is how I saw it. Again I think such detailed local issues should be devolved especially given the history in the area. I could be wrong but I think a similar situation happened with Greenland where duties were imposed apart from frozen goods with the main discussions between Denmark and their former territory rather than directly from Brussels.

As I read it the UK asked for talks on ways to get as invisible a border as possible and this was turned down. Perhaps it is internal bias but that is how I saw it. Again I think such detailed local issues should be devolved especially given the history in the area. I could be wrong but I think a similar situation happened with Greenland where duties were imposed apart from frozen goods with the main discussions between Denmark and their former territory rather than directly from Brussels.
    The UK government plan as I understand it involved using technology to create a more invisible hard border. Not going to happen.

Irish government and nationalists - totally open border

Unionists - no checks between NI and the rest of the UK

EU - need something somewhere to act as a border between the EU and the UK

UK government - no idea

Are you not aware that it used to be solved locally with bombs and guns? It ended up peacefully when the EU was involved.

Your reference to Greenland is irrelevant. Different history, ties, people.

Thank you for your misunderstanding again. Thank you for telling everyone how they should conduct themselves. Thanks for being everyone's spokesperson.

Nancy Pelosi stands behind Good Friday agreement. Says a political solution is necessary.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-47979214

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11