Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree17Likes

Sri Lanka bombings - churches, hotels - 150+ dead

Quote Originally Posted by Golem
    BTW, Hitler by all account was not a religious person though he had ties and more importantly his crusade and atrocities had nothing to do with religion.
    Take off your rose-coloured glasses and read a little history.

Even more importantly, it is utterly preposterous and ludicrous to think that the planet can be without religion as it is part of the fabric of humanity and has always been, You can wail, cry and do your little hissy fits as much as you like, it will never go away.
    Maybe learn how to read first, no one here is suggesting that religion should or could go away.

Its rather simple. Anyone should be able to believe in ridiculous stories, zombies, flying white donkeys or that the world is flat or 6,000 years old. However, we should work diligently to reform any dogma which foments actions that are harmful, oppressive, punishing or destructive to others who believe differently or not at all.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerSun

Maybe learn how to read first, no one here is suggesting that religion should or could go away.
    I wonder who should learn how to read:

Quote Originally Posted by chuckster007

The world continues to get shitter and shitter because of RELIGION.

All Religion should be banned
    That is one easy to find example, I could easily find a few more, it's not that hard

Quote Originally Posted by Golem
    That is one easy to find example, I could easily find a few more, it's not that hard
    Actually, I read his whole post, including: "I'm a Buddhist."
    Either he's talking self-destruction or he's talking tongue in cheek. Get it?

Actually, I read his whole post, including: "I'm a Buddhist."
    Either he's talking self-destruction or he's talking tongue in cheek. Get it?
    Nice try...

Suicide Bombers Included Two Sons of Sri Lanka Spice Tycoon
    “Financially they are quite independent and their families are stable financially. So that is a worrying fact,” he said. “Some of them have studied in various other countries. They hold degrees, LLMs. They are quite well-educated people.”
    TigerSun likes this.

So the motivation was not insanity, cultural, poverty, or lack of education... whatever could it be?

So the motivation was not insanity, cultural, poverty, or lack of education... whatever could it be?
    Hatred. Hatred inspired by somebody. Based on religion but that is not the full answer given 99.9999% people don't go round killing people or even wanting to.
    TigerSun likes this.

Reason is indeed 'Hatred'. A cleric's want for power, makes him induce hatred in young minds to do the unthinkable.

Hatred is part of the human fabric and any difference between people can be an excuse for it. Religion, gender, sexual orientation, tribes, nationality, language, ideology... Name it and you will find people that are going to find reasons to be violent.

sunyhk likes this.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4