Like Tree112Likes

China Trade War - Tarrifs, Tarrifs and more Tarrifs

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But this isn't more, it is just a bit of what they stopped buying. So what he has achieved is a bit less of a loss
    Yes but you do know that Trump would claim it as a win anyway. He never looks at facts so...
    hullexile likes this.

So apparently those soya beans and interest cuts did not do the trick.

Dow drops 280 points, giving up big earlier gain after Trump says US adding more tariffs on China

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/1-tru...183638827.html

But this isn't more, it is just a bit of what they stopped buying. So what he has achieved is a bit less of a loss
    The game plan is to look like he's fixing problems . . . never mind that fact he created the problem to begin with.
    Edwardstorm and Coolboy like this.

Latest news from Trump about imposing more tariffs not gone down well in the markets. Oil price has fallen dramatically, down 7%, Yen has risen sharply. I guess the stock markets in Asia will tumble today.

shri and Edwardstorm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    The game plan is to look like he's fixing problems . . . never mind that fact he created the problem to begin with.
    Indeed. I am sure he will “solve” all the problems he laboriously created himself over the past few years magically just prior to the elections and ignorant masses in the US will fall for it.

Just as I predicted, the trade war is not going to end anytime soon. I don't forsee any kind of agreement until after the election. China is not going to budge. Neither will the US.

At this point, I have growing suspicions that neither Trump or Xi is interested in a deal. China hawks want to decouple China's economy from the US. They may get their wish, as the trade war has made Beijing realized it's vulnerability in reliance on the American market. This may even backfire in the long-run when Beijing is no longer as exposed to Washington's economic pressure.

China though will find it increasingly hard to get access to the latest technology and innovation as they are cut-off from the US market. They may get around this eventually, but it will pose a challenge and obstacle to Beijing in any case.

Bottom line, any investor betting on a deal before the election next year is a fool.
    Last edited by Coolboy; 02-08-2019 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    Just as I predicted, the trade war is not going to end anytime soon. I don't forsee any kind of agreement until after the election. China is not going to budge. Neither will the US.
    I feel ( my gut feeling) that it wont be just China, that gets slapped hard with tariffs...I think this is only the beginning, as the US start slapping tariffs on other Asian countries as well.

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/07/ar...arget-vietnam/
    Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyhook:
    I feel ( my gut feeling) that it wont be just China, that gets slapped hard with tariffs...I think this is only the beginning, as the US start slapping tariffs on other Asian countries as well.

https://www.asiatimes.com/2019/07/ar...arget-vietnam/
    And India and anyone else. He is a protectionist and it, currently, plays well at home.
    Coolboy likes this.

And India and anyone else. He is a protectionist and it, currently, plays well at home.
    Me thinks the UK potentially has bigger problems than India, China and all the other countries put together.

China / India etc can take the hits. I'm not sure the UK can. Are they not actively negotiating a deal right now, given that they have like 90 days to do this?

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 19 ... LastLast