Like Tree24Likes

The right to reject customers...

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Is religion considered innate?
    The choice of religion is not.

But there is almost certainly an innate need in humans to belong to an organisation that believes in something that requires 'faith'. I would argue organised sport has replaced organised religion in many parts of the world.
    juanalias likes this.

that's a poor analogy: whether I sell steaks or firearms - I am using the software to run my business, In your example, that's the same as me walking into a hiking store and asking them to sell me yoga equipment.
    Let me know when our analogies align with a hypothetical scenario - "A gay couple walks into a buddhist owned firearms store and asks for a wedding cake with steak in it, thrown into a backpack that they can take on their hike to the wedding venue."
    HowardCoombs likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Are you suggesting the choice of religion is innate?

I don't think anyone would argue that what religion you choose id based on your influences but I can not imagine anyone arguing that you follow a religion due to particular genetics.

Original Post Deleted
    It is a choice.

It may not be their choice but it is a choice.

Original Post Deleted
    I get the point, slippery slope and all that. I don't think the gay analogy quite works since it's quite reasonable to draw a line between potential for death and simple difference of opinion

It can definitely be extrapolated to more reasonable comparisons though, like people using social media to incite violence, the use of crypto for anonymous, illegal transactions, etc.

Original Post Deleted

In small town USA the local store is quite often the gun store, food store, Amazon pick-up place.

The couple were from Italy and were picking up their Parma Ham delivery for their 'cake' if I remember correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:

In small town USA the local store is quite often the gun store, food store, Amazon pick-up place.

The couple were from Italy and were picking up their Parma Ham delivery for their 'cake' if I remember correctly.
    I like that cake!

Original Post Deleted
    Not just born into. Legally born into. Apostacy is a crime in some places, just because someone was born into a particular religion in a particular country. Thinking everyone has free choice is very just wrong.
    TheBrit likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    It is a choice.

It may not be their choice but it is a choice.
    See post above, quoting you may have been more appropriate. I did not realise you were so ill-informed.

Quote Originally Posted by HK_Katherine:
    See post above, quoting you may have been more appropriate. I did not realise you were so ill-informed.
    I do believe there innate need to have 'faith' in something. It does not have to be an organised religion.

As the chart below shows in countries that aren't that developed in some aspects there are changes which surely indicates choice.

What do you put the changing landscape of religiosity to in the USA?
    Last edited by East_coast; 03-06-2019 at 02:01 PM.
    juanalias likes this.