Like Tree16Likes

Death bed regrets

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    In America, that would be the case. But in other states with a more comprehensive healthcare system, then maybe not.
    In America, HK. China, 90+% of the world's countries.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But would those extra years be worth it if you were never at home to see your kids? Life is full of decisions and we probably won't know if we made the right ones

Work harder, earn more, afford better healthcare that allows you to live longer and healthier first. That will enable more time with family.

Quote Originally Posted by angeluscomplex:
    At home waiting to die from a curable disease that costs an arm and a leg to cure, yes all that time with family would be really worth it.
    Or you could be struck by lightning

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    But would those extra years be worth it if you were never at home to see your kids? Life is full of decisions and we probably won't know if we made the right ones
    There are plenty of people who don't see their kids enough and it's nothing to do with work. They're just absent parents, you can find them all over the world. I wonder how many of them have the ability to see themselves and say on their deathbed they regret not being their for their children and not making excuses for it.

Work harder, earn more, afford better healthcare that allows you to live longer and healthier first. That will enable more time with family.
    I am not saying you are right or wrong these decisions are personal. For me missing out when your kids are young is not really made up by spending time with them when they are grown up.
    Skyhook likes this.

In America, HK. China, 90+% of the world's countries.
    HK, despite's overburdened healthcare system, the level of care is actually not that awful. Compared that to the mainland...
    Last edited by Coolboy; 22-07-2019 at 05:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Coolboy:
    HK, despite's overburdened healthcare system, the level of care is actually not that awful. Compared that to the mainland...
    I've had personal experiences of friends', parents' friends being given the wrong treatment, being discharged even though they have not at all recovered, it's far from bad but it's also far from perfect.
    Skyhook likes this.