Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Only video doesn't constitute of irrefutable proof, I believe there are other measures too. Once the law has been fully convinced of their heinous acts...then what needs to be done, should be done...
    Many terrorists in the UK have been found guilty of heinous acts...only to be proved innocent years later. So hardly irrefutable.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    ???
    First of all nobody here supported terrorists...it is one thing to say that we do not support death penalty and another to say that we support terrorists....

Second of all, most - if not all members here - know of people who are living there (myself included, our Mumbai office being close by) and are affected by this situation.

That said, correcting violence with more violence will bring what?
    Mat, my posts here are not to offend any one's sensibilities.
    But, do you really believe that all the terrorists should let go of without being punished tentamount to the crime they committed?
    May be Indian govt should just stop any/all operation of violence against those terrorists holing inside those bldgs behind allthose hostages, as violence against violence doesn't help, right?

"But, do you really believe that all the terrorists should let go of without being punished tentamount to the crime they committed?"

Dude, did I say that?
    There is a gap between Death Penalty and Let Go Free don't you think?

[Quote: I don't think anyone said there should be no stringent laws or any way to gather information or no punishment. Do you really think the fear of the death penalty would put off a suicide bomber? How exactly? If you are prepared to strap explosives to yourself and then blow them up I hardly think being hanged is a concern, in fact they would glory in another martyr. ]

I think this whole discussion isn't just about death penalty, but, about the ways to gather information(torture someone said) and ppl are condemning that too.
    Agreed suicide bombers wouldn't bother about death penalty, but, they are lesser in number than the others.

Quote Originally Posted by PDLM:
    It's the price we pay for being better than them. Fortunately, the majority is happy to pay that price.
    It's indeed a noble idea. Yet, not one which will be considered by your enemy. Redemption and Rehabilitation is only possible by those who are open to logic and/or the possibility of being wrong. Religious Warriors feed on faith, not upon logic. Those who are incapable of compassion, deserve none.

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    What is the point of keeping such terrorists alive?
    Short-Term: Information,
    Medium-Term: Labor / Organ Harvesting

There is absolutely no reason to kill these bastards off right away (you're only turning them into martyrs for their cause). For example: There is a very long list of sick people who are waiting for organ donations....... My view is: use those who take lives to save lives.

What do you do with them? Where do you put them?
    Depending on the conditions:
    Clinical Trials of Experimental Procedures / Medications,
    Psychological Limits Research (developing even more effective interrogation procedures),
    Labor Camps (e.g. Uranium Mines - reserved for the worst offenders condemned to capital punishment....radiation levels should take care of things in due time - proved very successful for build-up of Soviet uranium stockpile from 50s to 70s).

Before people start comparing me to Dr. Mengele, there is a big difference here: I'm talking about those who have been PROVEN to be guilty of specifically targeting and taking innocent civilian lives. Although I would gladly also throw in all the child molesters into that mix.

Gunsnroses isn't saying anyone here supports the terrorists but rather that he, like I am, is sick and tired of hearing rubbish statements made my people trying to take the moral highground from the comfort of their office or home.

You think taking the moral highground, proving you are better than a terrorist by choosing not to take their lives is going to make a difference? You think the terrorists are going to say to themselves, oh shit, they always make me look and feel so bad I'm going to stop killing innocent people? Yeah right. Kill anyone guilty of taking a life then make sure that the real things that incite terrorism are addressed. This means foreign policy, education, poverty etc.

Mat, then what do you think should be done about them?
    Please go and see the jails in India, they are overflowing, literally.
    Besides few years ago, there was a very sad incident, whence some terrorists hijacked a domestic aircraft and took it all the way to Kandhar and demanded that if Indian govt doesn't release 2-3 infamous terrorirsts from the jail they will kill all the passenger. (They infact killed a couple on their honeymoon).
    So even if they are put in jails, they'll be released by their peers and then they'd go back to creating terror all over...

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    Mat, my posts here are not to offend any one's sensibilities.
    But, do you really believe that all the terrorists should let go of without being punished tentamount to the crime they committed?
    May be Indian govt should just stop any/all operation of violence against those terrorists holing inside those bldgs behind allthose hostages, as violence against violence doesn't help, right?
    I don't think you can accuse people of supporting these terrorists and then say you don't mean to offend, but I'll take your word for it

Not taking any moral high ground what so ever...

but if a fucked up terrorist is willing to blow himself up I really wonder what your torture session will get out of him...

Gunsnroses isn't saying anyone here supports the terrorists but rather that he, like I am, is sick and tired of hearing rubbish statements made my people trying to take the moral highground from the comfort of their office or home.

You think taking the moral highground, proving you are better than a terrorist by choosing not to take their lives is going to make a difference? You think the terrorists are going to say to themselves, oh shit, they always make me look and feel so bad I'm going to stop killing innocent people? Yeah right. Kill anyone guilty of taking a life then make sure that the real things that incite terrorism are addressed. This means foreign policy, education, poverty etc.
    I think he did:

All those ppl who are directly or indirectly supporting these dastardly acts of terrorists, well I want to tell you one simple thing, its easy and not a big deal to take high road while you are sitting here securely and in comfort.

Do you think that taking their lives will stop it? Why? I am not saying never kill them, if in the act of course. I do not grieve for those of them killed in Mumbai, quite the opposite. But once captured and convicted then the rule of law applies.

Closed Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 23 ... LastLast