Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Gunsnroses isn't saying anyone here supports the terrorists
    so how do you qualify this comment from him:

"All those ppl who are directly or indirectly supporting these dastardly acts of terrorists, well I want to tell you one simple thing, its easy and not a big deal to take high road while you are sitting here securely and in comfort"

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    All those ppl who are directly or indirectly supporting these dastardly acts of terrorists...........
    Gunsnroses isn't saying anyone here supports the terrorists......
    I think everyone needs to step back and take a deep breath, especially those who are more emotionally involved than others.

Tea anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    Not taking any moral high ground what so ever...

but if a fucked up terrorist is willing to blow himself up I really wonder what your torture session will get out of him...
    You'd be surprised Mat. Psychological torture is significantly more powerful than anything physical.

Besides, a quick death by explosion is a much easier concept to get accustomed to than unknown duration of suffering......that's the point! So many here think that effectiveness of torture is a hypothetical question.....it WORKS.. that's why it's used.

Mat, then what do you think should be done about them?
    Please go and see the jails in India, they are overflowing, literally.
    Besides few years ago, there was a very sad incident, whence some terrorists hijacked a domestic aircraft and took it all the way to Kandhar and demanded that if Indian govt doesn't release 2-3 infamous terrorirsts from the jail they will kill all the passenger. (They infact killed a couple on their honeymoon).
    So even if they are put in jails, they'll be released by their peers and then they'd go back to creating terror all over...
    There is no easy answer. If you kill them then their photos will be displayed as martyrs and used to recruit other terrorists. I don't know the answer to this problem - it's a fucked up world full of fucked up people. Killing them doesn't work, talking to them doesn't work. Education, eradication of poverty, etc is almost certainly the answer but that is probably never going to happen at least in our lifetimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Mat:
    so how do you qualify this comment from him:

"All those ppl who are directly or indirectly supporting these dastardly acts of terrorists, well I want to tell you one simple thing, its easy and not a big deal to take high road while you are sitting here securely and in comfort"
    Let me explain this and my emphasis is on the word 'indirectly'.
    I don't mean that you are are terrorist supporter, no way in hell I am saying that. But, when anyone say things like no-capital-punishment, no-torture, no-voilent-reaction etc then this actually indirectly provide them support. Because if they are not afraid of any harm coming to them out of their acts (offcourse barring suicide bombers) then they'll continue to do their deed. Besides its not just those ppl who are actually shooting or bombing are terrorists, but, those minnows who provide them all kind of help are also part of the group. These strict and stringent actions by any govt will create fear in the minds of them and that'd help reduce such acts.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    There is no easy answer. If you kill them then their photos will be displayed as martyrs and used to recruit other terrorists. I don't know the answer to this problem - it's a fucked up world full of fucked up people. Killing them doesn't work, talking to them doesn't work. Education, eradication of poverty, etc is almost certainly the answer but that is probably never going to happen at least in our lifetimes.
    Agreed, but, till then how'd we survive? how does a common man feel safe while going to work? how does his wife not be anxious every day when he goes to work till he comes back home alive and in one piece? how does the parents not worry for their kids going to school, going to playground?
    Every country has to make its environs safe so that its populace can breathe safely.

I don't mean that you are are terrorist supporter, no way in hell I am saying that. But, when anyone say things like no-capital-punishment, no-torture, no-voilent-reaction etc then this actually indirectly provide them support. Because if they are not afraid of any harm coming to them out of their acts (offcourse barring suicide bombers) then they'll continue to do their deed. Besides its not just those ppl who are actually shooting or bombing are terrorists, but, those minnows who provide them all kind of help are also part of the group. These strict and stringent actions by any govt will create fear in the minds of them and that'd help reduce such acts.
    OK- so now can you explain the use of the word 'directly'? I just want to clarify who you were referring to now that I fit more in the 'indirectly' category.

Agreed, but, till then how'd we survive? how does a common man feel safe while going to work? how does his wife not be anxious every day when he goes to work till he comes back home alive and in one piece? how does the parents not worry for their kids going to school, going to playground?
    Every country has to make its environs safe so that its populace can breathe safely.
    Simple answer - you just have to get on with your life. They are called terrorists because their weapon is terror. Living in terror and reacting is what they want.

The UK tried the hardline, it didn't work. Israel has tried the hardline, it hasn't worked. In Iraq they have tried the hardline, it hasn't worked.

Nothing works against these people especially. They are not rational. The Irish had a cause I could understand, the Palestinians have a cause I can understand. These people, I just don't get. They are not fighting for anything, just against.

Quote Originally Posted by Lammarite:
    OK- so now can you explain the use of the word 'directly'? I just want to clarify who you were referring to now that I fit more in the 'indirectly' category.
    I guess use of word 'directly' was not right on my part, my apologies to all those who thought I am calling them a direct supporter.

But you see gunsnroses I could easily argue that by reacting violently, by living in terror, by bypassing the normal rules of law your arguments do more to support the terrorists than anything else.

Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 8 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 24 ... LastLast