Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by climber07:
    Torture is only ineffective and unreliable when its done by incompetent twats! Soviet/Russian intelligence and police (and current China intelligence) get their information pretty damn effectively.

GENEVA Convention is for pussies! There I said it! You damn hippies can red ball me all you like. War on terror is NOT a conventional war and it will never be won by following Geneva conventions (or rules).

In fact, WARS should have no rules.....because they are wars! WARS are irrational, stupid and showcase the lack of mental evolution within human race.

WARS should be so bloody and horrifying that people will be afraid of the word...not just the concept. Only then will you teach this stupid herd not to get involved in them.

As far as extremists are concerned, they can only be dealt with in extreme ways....you just have to have the balls to do it and not feature it as a Sunday night special on CNN.
    Tell me, who won the Cold War?

Wars should have rules. I don't know what else to say, apart from the fact that your method of fighting the "War on Terror" has been proved to be a failure. I'm glad your way of thinking was voted out by your fellow citizens earlier this month.

Torture is only ineffective and unreliable when its done by incompetent twats! Soviet/Russian intelligence and police (and current China intelligence) get their information pretty damn effectively.

GENEVA Convention is for pussies! There I said it! You damn hippies can red ball me all you like. War on terror is NOT a conventional war and it will never be won by following Geneva conventions (or rules).

In fact, WARS should have no rules.....because they are wars! WARS are irrational, stupid and showcase the lack of mental evolution within human race.

WARS should be so bloody and horrifying that people will be afraid of the word...not just the concept. Only then will you teach this stupid herd not to get involved in them.

As far as extremists are concerned, they can only be dealt with in extreme ways....you just have to have the balls to do it and not feature it as a Sunday night special on CNN.
    Bollocks. War on Terror is a very new concept developped mostly by US Media after 9/11.

We will never know but should the US have minded their own business and not tried to spread "Democracy" like the Catholic church tried to spread their religion a few centuries ago those Terrorists would have probably not grown up like mushrooms.

I like the US but their answer to 9/11 (and that include amongst other things the war in Iraq, water boarding...) has just made the world more violent and insecure....hence I rest my case, more violence will only bring more violence...not less.

And proud of it!
    It is a well established principle of justice that it is better for a guilty man to go free than an innocent man to be punished...

The very concept of the rule of law (of which democracy - the basis for which the US justify it's actions, is built upon) is that we are ruled by the rules, not by the rulers.

Clearly the US sees it's self above and beyond the law - as Guantanamo Bay clearly and undeniably demonstrates and you too seem to have the same beliefs...at least your proud of yourself...I doubt anyone else is.

well clearly this has gone off topic on a session about the very shaky foundations of the US led war on terror.

I'm just sad for all those people who have suffered in Mumbai, and really don't care at present about the virtues of how the USA would deal with this.

How can you...

I tried to red blob you but it did not work..

How can you say such things?

How dare SOME American people give any lesson to the world after what happened in Afghanistan and Irak?

How dare you criticize some Conventions that are trying to change the world after all the wars and bloodshed?

How dare SOME American keep on believing that THEY decide of what is good and what is not good?

How dare you think that you can be over the United Nations, take any action depending on YOUR intelligence (where are the weapons of mass destructions...)

I have lots of friends in the US, and one of them told me once "you have to understand that the US is a very young nation, and that we can make mistake sometimes"

So please stop teaching the world and be humble enough to learn from what other have learnt. Geneva Convention is one of them.

American and proud of it!
    GENEVA Convention is for pussies!

Very keen to hear what all those against torture think is the best way to deal with terrorists or suspected terrorists.
    What should we do with Osama for example when he is captured?

Quote Originally Posted by aussiegal:
    Very keen to hear what all those against torture think is the best way to deal with terrorists or suspected terrorists.
    Try him. Put him up on TV in front of the world, provide the evidence that he's an insane genocidal maniac, then lock him away in a small room for the rest of his life.

Prove that 'we' are better than 'them'.

As vmlinuz says. What would you hope to gain from torturing him? Revenge?

The question should be why he haven't been capture yet ? Was he not in Iraq ?

He should be tried and punished.

The UK had a long history of this in Northern Ireland, the hard line did not work but just created more terrorists. I think that is self evident in Afghanistan, Iraq, Israel/Palestine. After years of the American war on terror are there more or less terrorists in the world?

Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 12 ... LastLast