Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

Mumbai Terrorist Attacks

Looks like the terrorists have seriously upped the ante with this set of attacks.

7+ coordinated attacks. Focused on westerners in Bombay. Heavily armed and obviously well trained. Seems to be aimed at setting the economy back.

Hope friends and family are safe.

At least seven high-profile locations were hit in India's financial capital, including two luxury hotels where hostages were reported to be held.

A fire is sweeping through the Taj Mahal Palace, Mumbai's most famous hotel which is now ringed by troops.

Police said four suspected terrorists have been killed and nine arrested.

Flames and black smoke billow from the Taj Mahal Palace hotel, Mumbai

The situation is still confused but the main train station, a hospital, a restaurant and as well as the two hotels are among those places caught up in the violence.

There are reports of gunfire and explosions taking place elsewhere in the city.

Commandos have now surrounded the two hotels, the Taj Mahal Palace and the Oberoi Trident, where it is believed that the armed men are holding dozens of hostages.
    BBC NEWS | South Asia | Mumbai rocked by deadly attacks

This is scary indeed. The Oberoi was where I stayed frequently a few years back (we actually had a temporary office on the 31st floor). I hope the people there I used to work with are all ok.

My neighbours brother was having dinner in the Oberoi last night and they can't get a reply on his mobile.

The cowardice of killing innocent folk is inexcusable.

From what I saw on BBC world this morning, apparently the muhajadeen (sp?) were thought to be involved.

Given my limited history of the region, I know Pakistan was partitioned as a homeland for the muslims, but I believe I heard that there are still a greater number of muslims living in India than in Pakistan. Are they now agitating for...?

I have lots of memories of dining at both the Taj and the Oberoi, and a car bomb went off near our home in Vile Parle. My mom's supposed to leave for Mumbai in a few days, but she's trying to cancel her ticket now.

sorry for the lack of depth and intelligence to this post, but quite simply- Fu**ers.

This is one of the worst terrorist show of cowardice...
    And all thanks to our SPINELESS government who is so friendly with terrorist that I feel ashamed...My blood is boiling and I need to vent my [email protected]#$%#$^#$#$%

Good article about the Taj.

Terrorists wanted to destroy symbol of Indian splendour - Times Online

It felt like India’s 9/11. Even in a country whose experience of terrorism dates back to its independence in 1947, the sight of Bombay’s Taj Mahal Palace hotel in flames after last night’s attacks was something that no one could ever have imagined.

For this was one of the nation’s most famous landmarks, an iconic building that encapsulated both the pomp and grandeur of the British Raj and the enduring vibrancy of India’s film and financial capital.

It was built in 1903 by Jamsetji N. Tata, the Indian industrialist, who believed that Bombay needed a grand hotel to take its place among the great cities of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by gunsnroses:
    This is one of the worst terrorist show of cowardice...
    And all thanks to our SPINELESS government who is so friendly with terrorist that I feel ashamed...My blood is boiling and I need to vent my [email protected]#$%#$^#$#$%
    no offence dude, but which government are you referring to here?

Quote Originally Posted by pin:
    no offence dude, but which government are you referring to here?
    The current Indian government...thats what I am referring to..

Page 1 of 46 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast