Like Tree59Likes

India: Jammu & Kashmir

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Original Post Deleted
    It's Bloomberg. What do you expect?

Original Post Deleted
    You don't need to convince me on poorly researched articles painting a false image . The BBC currently has two on the Philippines which are very poor pieces of journalism.

So what would be your guess of those in Kashmir who would think of themselves as Indian and want to be a full part of India? (Ignoring the special status issue because I am guessing most people like to have special status).
    DrWho likes this.

Original Post Deleted
    Looking at Article 370 in post #13, it's hard to argue that this move by the Indian government is because they care about the Kashmiri locals.

In response to your previous question to me, my opinion on J&K belonging to India doesn't mean anything. The opinions that matter are the people that live in it. I just want to point out that India purports to be the biggest democracy in the world, but does something so undemocratic. It's hard to argue that India is "rightful" in this situation
    DrWho likes this.

Really, You cannot win autonomy or maintain it by stone pelting the army or by picking up the guns. Once you choose violent way, the people in power know how to crush you. Only way forward is peace and economic development. People of the state can ask for little autonomy, which every Govt. will give, but at the condition of peace.

Hong Kong is not the only place being tear gassed this weekend - wonder if it's the same 'brand' of tear gas they use here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nica1EKi2h8

DrWho likes this.

Substitute modi with xi and kashmir with a Muslim region in China and you will understand why someone liked your post.

sunyhk likes this.

All Media Narrative has concentrated only on Kashmir Valley. Bigger regions: Jammu and Ladakh totally neglected. As If their opinions don’t matter.

Quote Originally Posted by sunyhk:
    All Media Narrative has concentrated only on Kashmir Valley. Bigger regions: Jammu and Ladakh totally neglected. As If their opinions don’t matter.
    Interesting, can you elaborate? Apart from size, is there a difference between the areas?

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    Interesting, can you elaborate? Apart from size, is there a difference between the areas?
    Hindu & Buddhist regions.
    hullexile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Elefant&Castle:
    Hong Kong is not the only place being tear gassed this weekend - wonder if it's the same 'brand' of tear gas they use here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nica1EKi2h8
    I think this has already been proven old video and BBC should be ashamed of putting this kind of stuff out.
    shafiq likes this.