Like Tree25Likes

Safest cities 2019

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I just care about personal safety part of this. The others are dubious at best.

Coolboy likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau
    Oh, here's another recent feel-good story in Washington DC...
    Here's another...
    https://japantoday.com/category/worl...ound-another-8

I don’t know if the level of urban crimes has increased over the decades or we are seeing more over the internet. Washington DC back in the 90’s was the most dangerous city in America and had a curfew it was so bad. People breaking the curfew were arrested. It was practically martial law. I was only there for a semester for an internship. One night my friends and I went to a bar near DuPont Circle called Club Las Vegas. A black man took the table next to us. It was disgraced Major Marion Barry! His face was on the news everyday and night. (Google if you don’t know who he is). Several years later the city voted him back in office. I love it. People just vote their colour.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine
    Several years later the city voted him back in office. I love it. People just vote their colour.
    This explains Justin Trudeau.
    shri likes this.

Bottom line, the list is highly questionable using rather debatable metrics that may not reflect the real condition of the city. I hope no one relies on this list for safety decisions...then again who knows, there is a sucker born every minute out there in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by jonastainine
    I don’t know if the level of urban crimes has increased over the decades or we are seeing more over the internet. Washington DC back in the 90’s was the most dangerous city in America and had a curfew it was so bad. People breaking the curfew were arrested. It was practically martial law. I was only there for a semester for an internship. One night my friends and I went to a bar near DuPont Circle called Club Las Vegas. A black man took the table next to us. It was disgraced Major Marion Barry! His face was on the news everyday and night. (Google if you don’t know who he is). Several years later the city voted him back in office. I love it. People just vote their colour.
    A city at the heart of the crack epidemic...proud to re-elect a fellow crack smoker.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3