Like Tree59Likes

Indian Space Missions

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5

India space missions -> spending priorities -> British colonization -> Macau bridge / China projects

Thread successfully colonized.

jayinhongkong likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DonDiego:
    What you see as lecturing, I see as questioning. Just like some of the vanity projects that were built in Hong Kong such as the Macau bridge, the cruise terminal, and the high speed train terminal. In any democracy(which HK isn't but India is trying to be), it's important and valid to ask the questions. Maybe you feel that national pride is more important, I'm sure many feel that way. Of course, it's a lot easier when you are part of the people that have the luxury to enjoy it.
    What about ... Collapsing schools.. disease ridden barges ... Balh blah blah. May you feel that pissing on someone else's show is more important than say.. pissing on yourself.

Go on ..
    TheBrit and jayinhongkong like this.

Unless all the loud whining from the UK wakes it up.. the lunar module is napping. So please.. let it rest.

``Currently, the battery is fully charged. The solar panel is oriented to receive the light at the next sunrise expected on September 22, 2023. The receiver is kept on. Hoping for a successful awakening for another set of assignments!” the statement said.

There was no word on the outcome of the rover searches for signs of frozen water on the lunar surface that could help future astronaut missions, as a potential source of drinking water or to make rocket fuel.
    https://apnews.com/article/india-moo...1e76d2d6d36bf8

Original Post Deleted
    Same thing .. it's a generational and mind set issue. Instead of yelling out 'waiter .. gin tonic .. quick' every time a brown person walks past, I suspect they ask for maple syrup or something like that in the northern North American colonies ...

Anyone seen any good documentaries about this latest mission? I love watching this sort of thing, especially if it includes the whole story from the start of development.

I am all for helping the poor as people will know but "the poor will always be with us" (as Jesus said when Judas complained about an extravagant and expensive gesture when the money could have been used to help the poor - so not a new mindset!).

No beautiful buildings, no grand works of art, no spending on sport, no expensive watches, no foreign holidays, no adventure or exploration, no humanity.

Well done India!

TheBrit, shafiq and jayinhongkong like this.

Quote Originally Posted by xhkge:
    Anyone seen any good documentaries about this latest mission? I love watching this sort of thing, especially if it includes the whole story from the start of development.
    I think it will take some more time for something to be produced and released. This was very recent.

Shit posting to trigger some folks ...

https://youtu.be/nYoF6RjzofY

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Shit posting to trigger some folks ...

https://youtu.be/nYoF6RjzofY
    urbanists have already condemned the coastal road project

India’s first solar mission, Aditya L1, has crossed a major milestone in its journey to explore the mysteries of the Sun. The Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) announced on Saturday that the spacecraft has exited the Earth’s sphere of influence, which is the region where the Earth’s gravity dominates over other celestial bodies. This is only the second time that ISRO has achieved this feat, the first being the Mars Orbiter Mission in 2013.

Aditya L1, which was launched on September 2 from Sriharikota, Andhra Pradesh, has traveled about 0.92 million kilometers since it left the Earth’s orbit on September 19. It still has about 100 days to go before it reaches its destination, which is a special point in space called the Lagrangian Point 1 (or L1). This point is located at a distance of 1.5 million kilometers from the Earth in the direction of the Sun, and it offers a stable and uninterrupted view of the solar disc.
    https://interestingengineering.com/i...ajor-milestone
    ndt and gunsnroses like this.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5