Like Tree19Likes

Bercxit - Bercow out as speaker

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    https://youtu.be/HFhJ6ELpT08?t=2633

Today full of Party politics - Ian Blackford wants to 'Bring Down the Tories', Labour signing Red Flag.

Most pertinent point made at 2633 seconds
    I thought a much more pertinent point was just before 26 minutes when Boris was asked what his proposals for a deal were. 6 weeks to go and he has no proposal.
    East_coast likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by hullexile:
    I thought a much more pertinent point was just before 26 minutes when Boris was asked what his proposals for a deal were. 6 weeks to go and he has no proposal.
    Isn't it just the threat of a no deal and hope the EU cave a little?
    hullexile likes this.

Isn't it just the threat of a no deal and hope the EU cave a little?
    The S in "Conservative Party" stands for Strategy

But there is no S in Conservative Party!

Exactly

Original Post Deleted
    I think you will find the " no harm" referred to photos of naked children. There was a lot of uproar at the time because people handed in their films for developing and they were getting into trouble for pictures of their own kids in the bath or whatever. The 1970s were all about freedom and rebelling and letting it all hang out. The Jimmy Savilles etc had not been exposed then.

As to singing the red flag and getting in the way of black rod - yep the revolution is round the corner comrades . You do know they used to sign the red flag at the party conference (do they still?). I must have missed the revolutions.

East_coast and GentleGeorge like this.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Wouldn't the Lib Dems be a better fit for him?

Wouldn't the Lib Dems be a better fit for him?
    “The conclusion I have reached is that this government needs to be replaced. The reality is that the Labour party is the only vehicle that can achieve that objective. There is no other credible option.”
    Realpolitik?

I really dislike Bercow - he is a narcissist driven only by his own ego and ambition.

The fact that a former member of the Monday Club who was happily a member of the Tories in the 1980s and 1990s can say that today's Tory party is unacceptable really beggars belief.

As a remainer I was happy to have Bercow in our corner during May's premiership, but I'm not under any illusions that he was driven by principle

East_coast likes this.