Like Tree17Likes

The Chinese Spy Who Defected....

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Chinese Spy Who Defected....

Not sure why he chose Australia, given how much it resembles a newly established colony of China... Or maybe he is still a spy for China or maybe ... who knows.

Worth a read, specially given HK's involvement:

He said he personally helped to organise the infamous kidnapping to the mainland of Causeway Bay Bookshop owner Lee Bo. Mr Wang says one of the aims of his intelligence work and the targeting of dissidents was to spread fear: “to make all troublemakers in Hong Kong terrified.”
    https://www.theage.com.au/national/d...22-p53d1l.html
    Last edited by shri; 23-11-2019 at 11:22 AM.

If you're a blade of grass and don't want to be found, does it make more sense to try to hide on the asphalt road, or in the grass field?

Remember Chen Yonglin? He revealed that there were 10,000 spies in Australia in 2005 and the problem is surely worse by now.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...inate-him.html

a voice and Coolboy like this.

This guy is also an artist. I think somewhere in his heart he found his conscience. Appreciate his courage of speaking out. I don't see there is any benefit for China to destroy its own reputation, so I don't think he is acting.

Coolboy and MatthieuTofu like this.

i doubt it would take ASIO long to figure out if the guy is for real or a fraud, given their other information sources. But if he is a valuable spy, I wonder that he's being allowed to talk to the press!

Quote Originally Posted by a voice:
    This guy is also an artist. I think somewhere in his heart he found his conscience. Appreciate his courage of speaking out. I don't see there is any benefit for China to destroy its own reputation, so I don't think he is acting.
    If I am in a conspiracy mood, I could say he might be a double agent. Pretend to defect when in fact he still spies for the CCP. Of course, the Australian intelligence service will have to assess the credibility of his claims and corroborate it. But still, you never can know for sure.

On second thought, I think I have been reading too many spy novels.
    a voice likes this.

Coolboy and a voice like this.

The foreign interference laws may be why he picked australia

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast