2 10.00%
  • No winners, all losers

10 50.00%
Like Tree130Likes

12/12 UK Elections - Your Bets & Last Min Updates

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast

12/12 UK Elections - Your Bets & Last Min Updates

Would not mind either party winning - as long as someone has a clear majority and is able to move in some direction or the other and get over/on with Brexit.

However, I'm pessimistically betting on a hung parliament with no clear majority.

Your call?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Would not mind either party winning - as long as someone has a clear majority and is able to move in some direction or the other and get over/on with Brexit.

However, I'm pessimistically betting on a hung parliament with no clear majority.

Your call?
    The recent polls seem to be favoring the Tories, and Johnson's Brexit plans. I personally think that Brexit will be bad for Britain, but BoJo's Brexit will be an unmitigated disaster - it will be as messy as his hair, and a lot less charming.

Having said that, I think Labour should have gotten rid of Corbyn ages ago (several decades ago, preferably) and the LibDems look pretty bad too, so I can't blame Britain for voting for Johnson. Exactly as you say, I suppose people will want to get it over with rather than have another 3 years of uncertainty.

And that makes sense - I might do the same.

Another one for idle speculation. Will Boris win in Uxbridge?

A 24 year old muslim immigrant is running against him.

https://twitter.com/CorbynistaTeen/s...34199951331328

CharSiuNow likes this.

Shri, unfortunately a Tory majority won’t get Brexit done. It’ll likely result in either a no deal Brexit next December (disastrous) or if Johnson goes back on his word an extension of the transition deadline. Either way, potentially many more years attempting to negotiate a free trade ageement with the EU. All the while 1m young new voters each year in the UK, most of whom don’t want to leave the EU and will be campaigning to rejoin.

The best possible outcome in my view is a Hing parliament, which will probably force a second referendum.

CharSiuNow, shri, TheBrit and 1 others like this.

I think it will be much closer than polls have suggested.

I would like Labour to get their act together and do a deal with SNP & LibDems to get a 2nd referendum, but I'm not hopeful. LibDems will only get their usual handful of seats, but could be useful if Labour & SNP get together.

If Johnson is still PM, well the country gets all it deserves. Labour voters for propping up Corbyn when it is obvious he is a detriment, and Conservatives for starting the whole mess in the first place. A plague on both their houses.

LibDems can then just fuck off forever hopefully. Be great to see SNP win through with independence if Brexit happens in 10 years time when the UK have finally done a trade deal, and then for the Scots to boot them out and get a decent government finally.

shri and Mefisto like this.

As someone from the continent who is fed up with the whole circus, my Christmas wish is a Tory majority and a hard Brexit. Thank you very much Mister Santa

Thing is with Brexit, is that, this first phase is just the terms for leaving. It is not the negotiation for a future trade deal, that happens once Brexit is resolved.

The easiest way to resolve it is to remain, then there isn;t a need to negotiate exit terms, and there isn't the need to spend years negotiating a trade deal afterwards.

Either way, doesn;t matter who wins, the whole country is a loser because it is now polarised and resentment is across the board.

TheBrit, kimwy66, Flapster and 3 others like this.

Original Post Deleted
    Any Corbyn-lead government will only be in power with the support of SNP & lesser parties. Probably the only thing they will manage to agree on is a 2nd referendum. After that the coalition would fall apart and another election would be needed most likely without Corbyn as leader of Labour.

Then the country can elect on policies, until then they are electing a Brexit stance. They should have gone for the obvious second referendum before any election took place, it would have saved another 10 months of no effective government.
    Beanieskis likes this.

Except they won't do any of that because they won't be able to get it through parliament. There's absolutely zero chance of a Labour government with a majority based on the polling numbers, only way Corbyn gets into Number 10 is in a coalition with the SNP and Lib Dems or as a minority government. Either way, they simply won't have the power to do anything dramatic.

I agree with you that the Labour party needs to be blown up and start again, it's current form is not fit for purpose. There are some very talented people in the party that need to calling the shots instead of Corbyn and his cronies. But for now there are more pressing priorities such as keeping this evil Conservative government from getting a majority. Any Brexit is bad in my view, but what they are proposing looks like a thinly veiled path to no deal and that will destroy not only the economy and the country, but people's lives.

Paxbritannia and Beanieskis like this.

This is an interesting view of where the parties stand on the negotiations with the EU.

Part of a longer thread on twitter.

https://twitter.com/EmporersNewC/sta...74685486731265

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 9 ... LastLast