Like Tree84Likes

Ghosn ... what happened?

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9

Quote Originally Posted by shri
    Another view from Matt Levine (bloomberg)

Attachment 80247
    Society might be more accepting of that argument in countries where there are significant issue with criminal justice system.
    Mrs. Jones likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit
    Society might be more accepting of that argument in countries where there are significant issue with criminal justice system.
    Sure, but the argument overall should be focusing on the unfairness of the process in Japan, not the fact that suddenly you're in jail and all the typical consequences that entails in most countries.

The confession rate and conviction rate in Japan is 99% WTF?? Their justice system is just as bad as mainland China. Where is the right to a fair trial? Nada, zippo

What is even worse is jp police can hold u for 2 weeks without charge and can extend it for 23 days without u getting. to see a lawyer. The system is a joke. I can why Ghosn left the country and never looked back.

Lebanon has imposed a travel ban on fugitive former auto executive Carlos Ghosn one day after he briefed the world's media on why he fled Japan.

Lebanese prosecutor Ghassan Oueidat confirmed Thursday that a travel ban had been issued that will prevent the ex-Nissan boss from leaving the country.
    https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/09/busin...ban/index.html

I don't understand why Lebanon imposed a travel ban on Ghosn...

Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau
    I don't understand why Lebanon imposed a travel ban on Ghosn...
    He is accused of breaking some Lebanese laws while he was at Nissan - he visited Israel during that time.

Quote Originally Posted by huja
    Nissan is NOT doing fine. Ghosn sought market share and some of the methods used to gain market share have come back to bite Nissan in the backside (i.e. selling many units as fleet vehicles thus devaluing resale for private owners, offering financial incentives, etc)
    https://jalopnik.com/nissan-drops-al...ibl-1841693026
    Last edited by shri; 15-02-2020 at 07:14 AM. Reason: Reformatted

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9