Like Tree44Likes

Dominic Cummings and the Getaway ...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Much of this story exposes a huge difference between city folks and country folks... I remember being acutely aware of it in Hong Kong... for me, nothing in HK is 'far'... of course, that feeling changed the longer I was there, but I digress...

For people who live in the country, 30 miles is nothing... also, we don't really talk in miles, we talk in time... 30 miles in London might take hours, in the country, it might take 30 - 45 minutes...

'Beauty spots'... I'm sorry, but almost every village within 30 miles is a picturesque bumble of stone built cottages... unless you think Cummings should have exercised in Middlesbrough...

So much exposed the London bubble... "Does Cummings really expect us to believe that he drove from London to Durham on one tank?"... Well I did it and had spare when I arrived and my car is 15 years old... I expect Cummings has a much newer car that is probably much more efficient!

Then you had the media scrumming about outside his house, no masks, rubbing shoulders... I would love to see them charged and fined, but this is London where the police and nurses stand together, maskless, clapping at each other... POLICE AND NURSES in a big group... but it's Cummings, a father taking care of his kid, that 'undermines public trust'... bollocks... it's just something else for the media and the screeching London left to be outraged about...

This government has made a tonne of mistakes and needs to be held to account... this is the same as what happens with Trump... as long as the media and the useful idiots keep screeching more people will switch off as distrust in the media grows and the more people will fail to notice or care about the real problems and the real failings of Trump/Johnson/etc...
    He had covid-19 symptoms, he should have stayed at home. It really is as simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    A bunch of fake outrage over a non issue.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d8MNbjX-HHE
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drumbrake:
    James O'Brien... you've literally picked the angriest man with the most extreme anti-Tory views in Britain... I don't have to watch the video to know his 'view'...No-one has 'kicked the country in the teeth'... I, and lots of people I know, who are in and of this country think he did nothing wrong... James O'Brien speaks for the London left and no-one else...
    angeluscomplex likes this.

James O'Brien... you've literally picked the angriest man with the most extreme anti-Tory views in Britain... I don't have to watch the video to know his 'view'...
    Listen to the ordinary man who phoned him up? Read the Daily Mail.

Watched this covered ad nauseum on Al Jazeera which focuses quite a bit on British news. Whether it was right or wrong, he acted like a jerk talking to the press so he didn't do himself any favors. Why not apologize, say it was bad judgment, and ask forgiveness in view of his childcare situation? People would be more sympathetic I think. Digging his own grave...

East_coast, shri and bak875 like this.

James O'Brien... you've literally picked the angriest man with the most extreme anti-Tory views in Britain... I don't have to watch the video to know his 'view'...
    Listen to the ordinary man who phoned him up? Read the Daily Mail or The Daily Telegraph.

This is nothing to do with lockdown violations (the Police and Attorney general have confirmed he followed the law), if it was then Blackford, Kinnock and Campbell would all be being hassled by the press as they clearly have done the same or more travelling. It's just a scent of blood from those same voices that hated him for Brexit wanting their revenge. He's inside their heads and it's driving them nuts.

As for turning up 30 minutes late for his press conference, classic Dom as they say. That left his table in the shade and the press in the hot sun a bit longer. Sun Tzu.... "The art of war teaches us to rely not on the likelihood of the enemy's not coming, but on our own readiness to receive him; not on the chance of his not attacking, but rather on the fact that we have made our position unassailable."

You sound like civil_servant defending the CCP.

Great free gift in the Daily Star today

https://mobile.twitter.com/lionelbar...he-week-off%2F

East_coast and drumbrake like this.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast