Like Tree44Likes

Dominic Cummings and the Getaway ...

Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
  1. #31

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by MABinPengChau:
    Watched this covered ad nauseum on Al Jazeera which focuses quite a bit on British news. Whether it was right or wrong, he acted like a jerk talking to the press so he didn't do himself any favors. Why not apologize, say it was bad judgment, and ask forgiveness in view of his childcare situation? People would be more sympathetic I think. Digging his own grave...
    I don't see it that way at all... there is no way the press would let him go is he apologised... there is a whole culture of forced apologising these days and many of us are sick to the back teeth of it. He did nothing wrong, the media are bullying him and I think he did well to stand up to them. Never, ever apologise to these bottom feeders... never.
    mrgoodkat likes this.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Police say what everyone knows, he breached lockdown. AG is political appointee la



    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/politics...boris-johnson/
    They've been forced to make an adjustment to their fake news and apologise...

    Their story now reads:

    Investigation concludes Boris Johnson's most senior aide might have broken lockdown rules when he drove to Barnard Castle.


    The narrative is falling apart...

  3. #33

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    They've been forced to make an adjustment to their fake news and apologise...

    Their story now reads:

    Investigation concludes Boris Johnson's most senior aide might have broken lockdown rules when he drove to Barnard Castle.


    The narrative is falling apart...
    The only thing falling apart is Cummings credibility, as well as any chance of successfully enforcing another lockdown if needed.
    TigerSun likes this.

  4. #34

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,221

  5. #35

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,221

    Only 1 in 5 British people believe Cummings did not break the law. Far more than the 48% per cent who were Remainers.

    https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/y...-a4450831.html

    Even a majority of those who voted Leave think he should resign.. looks like stickyears attempt to brand this as a Remainer revenge issue was pure hogwash.


  6. #36

    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Location
    Tuen Mun
    Posts
    571
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Wrong... the narrative was created by the media... it's a circle jerk... it's the media who pushed the idea that what Cummings did would lead to people using it as an excuse to break the lock-down... seriously, how can you not see this?

    If the lock-down fails it will be the media, not Cummings who is to blame... please at least give some thought to it TB... seriously...

    A tiny nothing happened, the media dialed it to 11 and then gave 'the people' the idea... now the media have found some useful idiots and squeezed a few more days out of this nonsense... I want to shake you sometimes dude... seriously, wake up.
    angeluscomplex likes this.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    979

    I worry more about this ‘highly intelligent ‘ advisor who is supposedly the brains behind what most of the government does deciding that it is sensible to drive 60 miles to test his eyesight with a 4 year old on board. This is not media hype, that’s what he said. That alone is a reason for resigning, on the grounds of just being stupid.

    TheBrit and drumbrake like this.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Wrong... the narrative was created by the media... it's a circle jerk... it's the media who pushed the idea that what Cummings did would lead to people using it as an excuse to break the lock-down... seriously, how can you not see this?

    If the lock-down fails it will be the media, not Cummings who is to blame... please at least give some thought to it TB... seriously...

    A tiny nothing happened, the media dialed it to 11 and then gave 'the people' the idea... now the media have found some useful idiots and squeezed a few more days out of this nonsense... I want to shake you sometimes dude... seriously, wake up.
    Riiiight.

    I don't think we'll agree on this.

    If Cummings is the brains behind this Government, it isn't hard to see why the UK has had the worst response to coronavirus in the developed world.

    Several others have been stupid, breached the lockdown and done the decent thing and resigned - in the UK and elsehwere. Only Cummings is arrogant enough or reckless enough to believe he is above the law.

    https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-52177171

    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/202...igns-breaking/

  9. #39

    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    20,221
    Quote Originally Posted by Pauljoecoe:
    I worry more about this ‘highly intelligent ‘ advisor who is supposedly the brains behind what most of the government does deciding that it is sensible to drive 60 miles to test his eyesight with a 4 year old on board. This is not media hype, that’s what he said. That alone is a reason for resigning, on the grounds of just being stupid.
    And this just so happened to be on his wifes birthday. What happenstance... "Testing his eyesight"is just a made-up excuse to win over gullible fools .

    The very idea of going for a drive if you think your eyesight is a problem is stupid beyond words, the only thing more stupid would be believing this half-arsed excuse for a birthday lockdown breach.

    I wonder if the people supporting him here realise he actually had covid-19 and was still gallivanting around?
    Last edited by TheBrit; 29-05-2020 at 08:09 AM.

  10. #40

    Join Date
    Mar 2020
    Posts
    5

    Politicians who set rules for other people should follow those rules to the letter. That’s a basic principle with holding a PUbLiC office. To show yourself worthy of trust.


Reply
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast