Like Tree44Likes

Dominic Cummings and the Getaway ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Dominic Cummings and the Getaway ...

Been trying to get a proper record of what happened...

This seems to be the best summary..

On Twitter:

https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/s...49111559569408

and Unrolled on Thread Reader...

https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1...449777160.html

imparanoic likes this.

Hidden somewhere in that long thread...

40. Cummings is considered the smartest man in the govt
    https://twitter.com/RussInCheshire/s...49131859947520

There is a great deal of hatred directed to Mr Cummings before and after this incident. His managing the message of the Tory message during the election was key to them winning mixed with the reputation of a 'vile' personality makes him a target for the left.

The UK Gov's response to Covid 19 has had flaws. Free movement of people from outside lasted far too long, no mask wearing and low paid care workers allowed to work at multiple care homes (banned in places like Germany) are probably the biggest failings. Death rates in the UK are reported in a timely manner and look high but the figures for excess death rates will come in over time for other countries.

Cummings should probably go as even if he didn't break any rules he broke the spirit of the rules. He can always come back later if the Tories get through the mess.

imparanoic likes this.

A bunch of fake outrage over a non issue.

Mr Chips, Skyhook and KEM.UK like this.

Quote Original Post:
    A bunch of fake outrage over a non issue.
    Bollocks.
    angeluscomplex and irisboards like this.

Well, if he's so guilty of this heinous crime of doing what any parent in his situation would have done, let the police give him his 60 pound fine. Rofl. What a pathetic public self own of a shitshow for the British media this is.

For the record, I did this exact same journey 7 weeks ago and I now live 10 miles from Barnard Castle... I looked at the 'rules' and also determined there was a common sense element... I also did the whole journey on one tank of diesel with spare... and for the record, Barnard Castle is a town... we sometimes shop at Morrisons there... oh, and yes, we even sometimes go for walks at the castle, as is permitted... ffs. By the way, the castle is shut... people, walk in the woods nearby...

mrgoodkat, Skyhook and KEM.UK like this.

Quote Original Post:
    Cummings should probably go as even if he didn't break any rules he broke the spirit of the rules.
    He clearly broke the rules on multiple occasions. His story is full of more holes than a Swiss cheese, and even on his account he broke the rules.

His wife was ill. He was ill. He needed his mummy.

Sorry, I meant someone had to look after his child.

Just remember when you have bad eyesight, you should drive around for half an hour and you'll be fine.

Much of this story exposes a huge difference between city folks and country folks... I remember being acutely aware of it in Hong Kong... for me, nothing in HK is 'far'... of course, that feeling changed the longer I was there, but I digress...

For people who live in the country, 30 miles is nothing... also, we don't really talk in miles, we talk in time... 30 miles in London might take hours, in the country, it might take 30 - 45 minutes...

'Beauty spots'... I'm sorry, but almost every village within 30 miles is a picturesque bumble of stone built cottages... unless you think Cummings should have exercised in Middlesbrough...

So much exposed the London bubble... "Does Cummings really expect us to believe that he drove from London to Durham on one tank?"... Well I did it and had spare when I arrived and my car is 15 years old... I expect Cummings has a much newer car that is probably much more efficient!

Then you had the media scrumming about outside his house, no masks, rubbing shoulders... I would love to see them charged and fined, but this is London where the police and nurses stand together, maskless, clapping at each other... POLICE AND NURSES in a big group... but it's Cummings, a father taking care of his kid, that 'undermines public trust'... bollocks... it's just something else for the media and the screeching London left to be outraged about...

This government has made a tonne of mistakes and needs to be held to account... this is the same as what happens with Trump... as long as the media and the useful idiots keep screeching more people will switch off as distrust in the media grows and the more people will fail to notice or care about the real problems and the real failings of Trump/Johnson/etc...

Skyhook likes this.

Quote Original Post:
    His wife was ill. He was ill. He needed his mummy.

Sorry, I meant someone had to look after his child.

Just remember when you have bad eyesight, you should drive around for half an hour and you'll be fine.
    It was the last bit that got me. When you are worried about your eyesight then take your young kid for a drive!

The first visit I think was no big deal, but in his position he is judged by higher standards.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast