Like Tree385Likes

Protests in USA

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast

However, I do want to point out that systemic racism do exist and America needs to address it as a nation. The statistic shown above is just a glimpse of the reality. It should factor in the demographic of the US and when the majority is still White it makes sense that are more white folks got fatally shot.

https://twitter.com/Nrg8000/s...67921284689920

When you look at this guy surrounded by dozens if not hundreds of people, and a few actively beating him to get him to release the guy he was holding where he finally walks away, and compare it to the traffic cop here who whipped out his gun to collar a kid doing nothing at all, and finally shooting one of the few unarmed kids around him, I think it clearly gives the lie to the so-called restraint the HK cops always commend themselves for.

Quote Originally Posted by AsianXpat0:

When you look at this guy surrounded by dozens if not hundreds of people, and a few actively beating him to get him to release the guy he was holding where he finally walks away, and compare it to the traffic cop here who whipped out his gun to collar a kid doing nothing at all, and finally shooting one of the few unarmed kids around him, I think it clearly gives the lie to the so-called restraint the HK cops always commend themselves for.
    You can't cherry pick two isolated incidents to make a point. Someone might choose to point out the cop that killed Loyd to make a different point. What I see as the biggest difference is the different levels of government and scrutiny that come with these incidents in the US. There will always be police acts that overstep the bounds of what is acceptable in every country. What is important is how those incidents are investigated and ultimately resolved. In HK, there is absolutely no independent oversight and the incidents are often not even acknowledged.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    The looting and violence clearly shows why they illicit a more heavy handed police reaction than other races. Haven't seen any of the armed protesters against the lock down burn anything to the ground or loot a Walmart. I bet the system owed them those TVs
    You sound like you want the police to meter out justice.

Quell and disperse. No doubt there is basic looting but I am not sure charging in with more violence will reduce the violence.
    TaD_LaLa likes this.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status/1266568890844241920?s=20

Jesus

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You sound like you want the police to meter out justice.

Quell and disperse. No doubt there is basic looting but I am not sure charging in with more violence will reduce the violence.
    I don't particular want that, I'm just pointing out why they are receiving those heavy handed responses. In any event I am not complaining about them burning down police stations, but the looting should get cracked down hard. It's not about some black lives matter protest anymore. It has become a free for all to "show the system"

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    You can't cherry pick two isolated incidents to make a point. Someone might choose to point out the cop that killed Loyd to make a different point. What I see as the biggest difference is the different levels of government and scrutiny that come with these incidents in the US. There will always be police acts that overstep the bounds of what is acceptable in every country. What is important is how those incidents are investigated and ultimately resolved. In HK, there is absolutely no independent oversight and the incidents are often not even acknowledged.
    Your point is fair, but in fairness they have discharged no one in the protests and defended all their actions, versus the speedy firing of the four officers involved in the original incident, so I think it’s broadly illustrative of the lack of accountability locally, even if as you say, the facts and circumstances of individual incidents might vary.

(It’s also less directed at centrists who take a balanced view, but at those who are wont to claim that in America “these protesters would get shot”, ignoring the additional fact that anyone could be armed.)

Or rather systematic discrimination and racial profiling mixed with unequal opportunities leads to violence and looting because anger has been bottled up for too long...

Police shouldn’t use more force on one race than other just because they statistically commit more crimes than others...

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    In my opinion having caucasian privileged men weighing in on how minorities get treated in the US when they have never experienced that reality is simply not appropriate. I put it on par with men weighing in on abortion issues... It goes beyond the scope of talking about a specific incident like the riot or the death of George Loyd
    Who are these privileged caucasian men you speak of?

And why are you advocating segragationism?

I saw a video of a black man crying he cause his business had been wrecked... while they were filming, more 'protesters'came in to steal his safe... even with the black business owner standing there...

Sorry, there are protesters and they have very good reason to protest, and I support them...

I don't support burning down buildings owned by innocent people... that's bullshit and I support police action to stop that.

Taxmyass, East_coast and mrgoodkat like this.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 42 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 11 ... LastLast