Like Tree385Likes

Protests in USA

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Wow you infer whatever you want from what I wrote. There's no sugarcoating anything, there's been plenty of democratic and republican administrations and none of them have significantly addressed the problem. A problem that is also present in countries where there are no democrats and republicans. It's not untrue that both parties benefit from maintaining those divisions.

Trump is not the source of this problem by any means but he isn't interested at all in addressing or fixing it and even more, he is fueling the fire and making it worse. He didn't build the fire or lit the match but it's under his watch that America is burning. If a company is not doing well, you can try to pass the buck to lower level managers but ultimately it's the responsibility of the CEO to right the ship. The ship is on fire and Trump is throwing oil on it and pretending that he's the one to best fix it. Two of the worst crises to ever hit the US at the same time and he's failing miserably on both counts. He might have come through if not for COVID but not only was he ineffectual, he exacerbated the problem with misinformation, poor leadership and a denial of the problem.

Let's face it, he lost the popular vote last time and it was reasonably close. He lost the house during his term, he sill has a solid base that supports him but I seriously doubt he gained any voters with his performance during the worst crises to hit the US in recent times and I'm pretty sure he's lost quite a few. It will take a Biden catastrophe in the debates for Trump to have a hope. The polls, the crises, the seats lost in the house all point to a change of leadership which is a normal course of event when a country is doing very poorly. Unhappy people want change...
    Dude it seems like you forgot the U.S. runs on Federalism. You claim that both parties are at fault and yet the failure of the local governments are mostly of the blue. how do you propose the Republican address systemic racism caused by segregation in these poor vulnerable cities when it has been the democrats in office in these cities for the past 50 years?? It’s not like you can expect the fed to intervene much on the local government.

regarding Trump... lol well like I said I never mentioned his name and he wasn’t even a point of mine so say whatever you want about him. It seems people care more about him than the real issue here.However I do think he is having a come back as I have seen many people are waking up from the BLM nonsense. Also, latest I check all these swing states have Trump in front. But what do I know, polls are just a reference and not to mention many of them are skewed.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxmyass:
    Dude it seems like you forgot the U.S. runs on Federalism. You claim that both parties are at fault and yet the failure of the local governments are mostly of the blue. how do you propose the Republican address systemic racism caused by segregation in these poor vulnerable cities when it has been the democrats in office in these cities for the past 50 years?? It’s not like you can expect the fed to intervene much on the local government.

regarding Trump... lol well like I said I never mentioned his name and he wasn’t even a point of mine so say whatever you want about him. It seems people care more about him than the real issue here.However I do think he is having a come back as I have seen many people are waking up from the BLM nonsense. Also, latest I check all these swing states have Trump in front. But what do I know, polls are just a reference and not to mention many of them are skewed.
    Put China in charge I say.

They know how to handle racism and uppity minorities.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:

1.) They tried to talk to him.
    2.) He violently resisted and they tried to wrestle him to the ground.
    3.) He violently resisted and they tazed him multiple times.
    4.) Depite being tazed multiple times, he overpowered the police and began to walk to his vehicle.
    5.) The police, loudly warned him multiple times to stop or be shot.
    6.) He opened the car door and went for his weapon.
    7.) Life came at him hard.

I'm sorry... that's how it happened. Why he needed to be shot 7 times? I don't know, maybe the officer wanted to live... this guy was obviously some kind of animal that needed to be stopped...maybe it took 7 shots to make him be still.
    Assuming these are proven to be the facts that won't change any opinions on the side of the protesters. Blinkered, polarised views are similar to what we have here on our local protests (and I'm as guilty as the next man)

The warrants have been cancelled but I can't determine whether they are invalid, incorrect or just because he is not going anywhere.

Anyway we now have this one to get polarised with

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54021798

This doesn't look good for that police department. Always amazing to see the police contradict what is clearly seen or heard in the video. Pushback on asian american? On the press? Between the pandemic, the protests and the divisiveness of the upcoming election, it's a rough time for the US.

https://www.thewrap.com/kpcc-josie-h...-arrest-video/

Last edited by Aramis; 15-09-2020 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Taxmyass:

such a beautiful sight
    I bear no sympathy with the idiot jumping on the car and wouldn't have any issue with an arrest, however it takes a special kind of human being to rejoice at violence happening on ANY side.

It reminds me of the few idiots protesting in front of the hospital hoping the policemen would die... Also pathetic
    RMDNC likes this.

Surprisingly we are now seeing disturbing police footage out of Australia too...

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Surprisingly we are now seeing disturbing police footage out of Australia too...
    too bad there won’t be much coverings from the media because the victim isn’t black.
    Paxbritannia and Mr Chips like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    Not really surprising, any type of police heavy handedness (in the developed world at least) is now elevated to front page news.

Closed Thread
Page 36 of 42 FirstFirst ... 28 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast