Like Tree9Likes

Contact Tracing - Singapore Style

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Contact Tracing - Singapore Style

The device, which may be issued to everyone here, will be a small device that people can slip into their bag or pocket, said Minister-in-charge of the Smart Nation Initiative Vivian Balakrishnan
    Name:  Screenshot_20200609-152044~2.png
Views: 410
Size:  798.1 KB

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...gether-if-they

It's actually pretty decent an initiative. BT handshakes are pretty indicative of physical proximity - main reason the app failed is that Apple doesn't let background apps do handshakes. And iphones are probably 50% of the market here

Quote Originally Posted by er2:
    It's actually pretty decent an initiative. BT handshakes are pretty indicative of physical proximity - main reason the app failed is that Apple doesn't let background apps do handshakes. And iphones are probably 50% of the market here
    idea is good.. try do that in hk and see if everyone will scream privacy issues.. better if we just stick to closing borders than anything too innovative in this climate
    shri and East_coast like this.

@freeier - I do like how Balakrishnan explained it yesterday ... Regardless of politics and policies, having a good speaker who is passionate is important.

He is now my second favorite Indian in Singapore after the DBS CEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMCiLUvV7s

And looking at the comments section on that youtube video ... well lets say - same concerns as HKers + some unique to Singapore jokes...

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    idea is good.. try do that in hk and see if everyone will scream privacy issues.. better if we just stick to closing borders than anything too innovative in this climate
    You are correct the Singaporean government have built up trust with decades of no-arbitary enforcement of laws. If only China could mature a little.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You are correct the Singaporean government have built up trust with decades of no-arbitary enforcement of laws. If only China could mature a little.
    errr.... where did you get that from ? i really think the pro freedom hkers should choose to migrate to singapore, and you will understand how ironical that decision can be... but fine, to each his/her own, you can believe all you want to believe, like how peaceful and free the US of A is...
    Last edited by freeier; 09-06-2020 at 06:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    @freeier - I do like how Balakrishnan explained it yesterday ... Regardless of politics and policies, having a good speaker who is passionate is important.

He is now my second favorite Indian in Singapore after the DBS CEO.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlMCiLUvV7s
    errr.. i think alot more stories in the back.. he was sidelined for quite a long while before digging out of his situation then. i would think the better guy to respect is Tharman... but.. well, there are always public faces and stories.

Quote Originally Posted by freeier:
    errr.... where did you get that from ?
    You quit rightly stated the HK people don't trust the Chinese Gov.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    You quit rightly stated the HK people don't trust the Chinese Gov.
    Are you ok? You seem to be channeling some other posters today.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast