Like Tree86Likes

Indo Chinese Border: Several Soldiers Killed..

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11

In June 2020, Indian and Chinese troops were involved in a hand-to-hand combat in the Galwan Valley of Ladakh...The incident led to the death of 20 Indian soldiers...
    hand-to-hand combat... 😳.. sounds right but yet v wrong at the same time for this situation..

and at least 20 died from that..

Quote Originally Posted by ndt:
    I wonder which side desperately needs some diversion to cause turmoil in still water!! India seems to have no apparent reason, Modi already won home state by record margin and nothing major political even coming up in near future.. Almighty Dada!! Hmmmmm.... Only time will tell if its one-off unintentional scuffle or something else..
    You overestimate the ability of the central government to control and calibrate the temperature of these feuds. Sometimes (actually, a lot of times) it's some low-level someone who goes rogue that causes international conflicts. Or a one-off mistake . . . i.e. what if that stray missile that struck Poland came from Russia instead of Ukraine?
    Last edited by huja; 14-12-2022 at 12:37 AM.

One day after they ease the covid restrictions...

Quote Originally Posted by huja:
    You overestimate the ability of the central government to control and calibrate the temperature of these feuds. Sometimes (actually, a lot of times) it's some low-level someone who goes rogue that causes international conflicts. Or a one-off mistake . . . i.e. what if that stray missile that struck Poland came from Russia instead of Ukraine?
    As i said in my last sentence, only time will tell, my hunch is this is targeted strategy by prime aggressor of the century, lets see how it evolves over days/weeks/months..

Some initial reports, though i would take any Indian media report with pinch of salt at this stage..

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...w/96207761.cms

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11