Like Tree115Likes

Covid-19 - Global News - July 2020

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Wasn't Sweden the poster child of how not to do it? Seems they weren't that stupid after all.
    It's not about stupidity, it's about risk tolerance and accepting that people will die because of it. It's a moral choice, the value of convenience for the majority vs the lives of at risk people. Most of the world seem to value those lives more than economic repercussions and inconvenience. They went a different way and thousands paid the ultimate price with no take backs.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgoodkat:
    Wasn't Sweden the poster child of how not to do it? Seems they weren't that stupid after all.
    I guess you didn’t read it, it’s another report about Tegnell telling us how wonderful he is.
    The rest of us look at the deaths per capita.
    TheBrit, Mr Chips and Gatts like this.

Many countries are seeing second waves, both those who had success tamping it down originally and those who didn't.

I wouldn't bet on Sweden being any different.

Gatts likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Many countries are seeing second waves, both those who had success tamping it down originally and those who didn't.

I wouldn't bet on Sweden being any different.

ANY different? But Sweden had a different curve on its first wave right?

So you claim that Sweden's 2nd wave relative to it's first, will have the same ratio of infections and deaths as the ratio of say Japan's 2nd wave to it's first?

Or do you claim that no, actually they'll be different?

One thing I would say about Sweden having lived there... and this is not scientific... the population density is extremely low and people are socially distancing normally... there's not a lot of cheek kissing. I guess that might have at least some effect. Anyway, I think it's difficult to directly compare different countries. For me, knowing how Swedes behave, the death rate is even more shocking.

TigerSun, TheBrit and Coolboy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Those thinking of heading to Europe to avoid the measures here and resurgence of cases could be in for a nasty surprise if the trend continues.

https://www.euronews.com/2020/07/26/...face-mask-fine
    Nah! I'd rather be on lock-down in southern Spain than on lock-down in Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage:
    A
    So you claim that Sweden's 2nd wave relative to it's first, will have the same ratio of infections and deaths as the ratio of say Japan's 2nd wave to it's first?
    It's absurd to compare Sweden with Japan on an infectious virus.
    The population density of Sweden is 25, Japan 347 per sq.km.

If you want to compare stats, compare the Nordic countries. Sweden is abysmal.
    Yes, Norway and Finland each have half the population but a fraction of infections.
    And we know that Sweden is 4th in world in per capita deaths. Outstanding!

Name:  ScreenShot_2020-08-01_22-42-21.png
Views: 111
Size:  117.1 KB
    Mr Chips likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Chips:
    Nah! I'd rather be on lock-down in southern Spain than on lock-down in Hong Kong.
    Really? Well that's shocking considering you being so discrete about your feelings towards HK.

Now if it were me and I was having such a grand time, I wouldn't be wasting my time digging posts that are a few days old about a place I used to live. Guess we are very different. Have you ever researched internet addiction?

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    Now if it were me and I was having such a grand time, I wouldn't be wasting my time digging posts that are a few days old about a place I used to live. Guess we are very different. Have you ever researched internet addiction?
    From a man who has been banned multiple times here yet keeps inventing new ID's to evade the blocks put up by the admins.... you really don't have a leg to stand on with this argument @gilleshk @Golem @Aramis

Most people know when they are not wanted....

Quote Originally Posted by TheBrit:
    Another useless twat joins the ignore list.
    I reckon more people have you on ignore than you have them. Constant name calling, abusing, putting down. Would hate to be a member of your immediate family.