Like Tree4Likes

No Quarantine in the UK for arrivals from HK

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by GreenCatalonia:
    I bet those who fled HK to UK when Wuhan's flu started its Commie March towards civilisation quickly regretted entering a massive "Kung Flu" ridden country.

Me? I know it's not good to say "NEVER" - but I'm damned sure that I don't want to visit, let alone LIVE in UK ever again!

After 45+ years away, I'd feel "jumpy & twitchy" all the time I was on the street, especially after dark - where I couldn't make out the features of any potential attacker.
    Well it all depends on your motivation for doing so.

I'm really looking forward to going back. Yes the UK has considerable problems and HK has many attractions/positivesbut...

I have a nice house in a nice area so no security worries.
    I miss my kids, friends, other family
    So many of my hobbies/interests are not easy to do here - cars, performing opportunities as a ameteur musician, cycling to mention a few.
    Much more variety and opportunities in theatre, art culture....

I could go on.
    mused and markranson like this.

Makes my UK trip in September much more hopeful.

there seems to be heaps of Open mics and jam nights happening at the moment IN Hong Kong, why aren't you performing?? I think live music is still banned in the UK?

Quote Originally Posted by bbchris:
    there seems to be heaps of Open mics and jam nights happening at the moment IN Hong Kong, why aren't you performing?? I think live music is still banned in the UK?
    I'm talking about the ease of performing. In the UK I load all my gear (keyboards, amps, etc) into the car from my garage. Drive to the venue, unload, then reverse at the end of the night. Try that in HK. It's just to much hassle. I want to be paid too! Not jam nights or open mics.

Also the venues here are limited and lacking in variety.

My other interest is Trombone playing. No amateur orchestras here. I played in a couple of Wind bands/brass bands but concerts are rare - it's just to expensive for groups like that to make it work.

It'll come back in the UK in time. I'm talking long term for me not now necessarily.

Oh that's SO interesting! I thought it was a HUGE hassle when I toured the States and had to load in everything except the PA! To me, it's so much easier here when you can plug and play and take the MTR.
    Who wants to be stuck in traffic with a bunch of gear? hAHAHAHAHA
    There are plenty of paying gigs too, your post implied you are an "amateur" musician, so i wrongly concluded you don't expect money for performing.
    Might I suggest you sign up (for the short amount of time you are still in HK for) to The Underground's newsletter? It lists out gigs happening over a 2 week period and considering people are slowly awakening from the live music ban, that there's loads of venues and shows to attend?
    here's the newsletter that went out last week:

https://conta.cc/3ioInaH

Oh it appears I didn't post the link....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2