Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Pauljoecoe
  • 1 Post By DimSumBond

Save the economy - Eat out in the UK!

Save the economy - Eat out in the UK!

Not read into this proposal. Applies to GBP 10ish meals? Or is there a min spend?

Quote Originally Posted by shri:
    Not read into this proposal. Applies to GBP 10ish meals? Or is there a min spend?
    50% off meals in August, Monday to Wednesday up to a maximum of £10 per person. - No minimum spend. Courtesy of the tax payer!

Trying to encourage people to go out and eat.
    shri likes this.

These types of initiatives are all useless. What needs to be done is to improve both quality of food and margins across the different menu types.

The only way I see this is to attack the elephant in the room, commercial leases.

For too long, high rents have been a strain on the economy and have sucked out any value.

I rarely eat out now because of the extremely low quality of food. To see the biggest hit, go to your hawkers and market areas. The food at these venues used to be great, now they are awful. Restaurants are pretty bad too. Only Febeneezers taste pretty good still, but what they charge ain't so pretty either.

MandM! likes this.

I call to ask about the covid measures before going somewhere, and most restaurants are NOT following common sense. There is only one place that places the tables 12 feet apart that I go to. Only place I have ate at since March. I consider myself not that cautious too when it comes to Covid, but I'm also not an idiot to go dance at a bar now either. Morons.