Like Tree49Likes

Is Trump wrong?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

With your user handle you should know that he is president to change the tax law to his advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Paxbritannia:
    It continues to amaze me that SJW whingers are even present in Hong Kong.
    I don't know what SJW whingers are but it was a simple question I posed. Mr Trump's top 5 policy achievements.

I would suggest

1) Pushing through massive tax cuts without reductions in spending. Getting the GOP to be so reckless with the countries money is a major achievement.
    2) Taking on a more assertive China with a fiscal assault. Adding a tax burden to the public and drastically changing the approach of corporate America to China as a manufacturing base.
    3) Building the wall (starting anyway). Having a physical barrier with an economy that is very different is normal. China has them with N.Korea, Vietnam etc. The EU have recently built a 1000Kms on their borders and paid for a wall on the Turkey / Syria border.
    4) The no lobbying after leaving public office should have long term impact.
    5) Driving the narrative. His ability to define the news cycle is very impressive.
    Last edited by East_coast; 28-07-2020 at 02:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by East_coast:
    There are opinions that NAFTA created jobs through more trade. But left wing protectionism is very popular and emotive. The tweaks to NAFTA were just that tweaks.

2.3 Million Americans are locked up. Successive governments have failed to resolve the causes of crime and the hang'em high sentencing attitude. This policy is welcome but really just window dressing given the impact. That it made a top 5 list of most impactful policies is telling

The US should be a force for good. Defunding the WHO is short term reactionary sillyness. Making future funding contingent on reform should of been the policy in conjunction with other democracies. The WHO does serve a purpose.

What has this to do with Left/Right. My comment was around the approach to withdraw troops which was widely criticised at the time. Syria is still in mess and the US along with other democratic countries should have policies to reduce tension in the area. I don't know what they are but there seems to be a vacuum of policy from the EU / US at the moment.

Yes and this action will drive costs even lower which appears to be a very short termway to grab growth.
    1. Tweak or not, it is still a great and improved deal benefiting the US.

2. That is why its called the first step act for a reason. Gotta start somewhere?

3. And what exactly is the purpose of the WHO? especially its role during this pandemic? I would agree to not exit the WHO only, and ONLY if there is a practical way to reform the organization. As far as I am concerned, the majority of the 194 member states in the WHO will side with China. So tell me again whats the point to waste money to an organization that is corrupted and skewed?

4. Sure it has nothing to do with left or right. But to me there are more problems to address at home than at foreign soil. Heck I don't think we should be in Syria or Iraq in the first place. It is just another meaningless proxy war, I mean what were the objectives anyways? Americans have no, I mean ZERO strategic reason to be in Syria. ISIS isn't going to return and didn't! As for the Kurds, Washington has always made it clear that the partnership are temporary and transnational, even when Obama was in office. Also, if NATO allies are so concerned, where were their involvement during the war? It has been more than six months since our troops withdrawal (even tho hundreds are staying to secure oil field) I don't see the region being destabilized.

5. This shifted the US focus from an un-winnable war in the Middle East back to Asia Pacific. Which I think is more important.
    Paxbritannia likes this.

https://dailycaller.com/2020/07/24/f...wsuit-apology/

mandatory “implicit bias” training. LMAO I guess Trump administration is definitely again the one to blame.
    American value is truly lost. Man, China does not even sound that bad right now. That says a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Aramis:
    When the president of a nation tells people that are not white to go back where they came from when they were born in the US, yes I think he's very racist and considering that the words of the leader of the country are meant to set the tone, I think they are very important. Honestly, he's so antagonistic and divisive that I'm shocked that there hasn't been an attempt on his life.

As to the country being destroyed by democrat, it's utterly ridiculous. Even someone like Trump can't destroy the country though he has tried very hard this year with the complete failure in managing both the protest and virus crisis. At the end of the day, it's about the kind of country that people want to live in... I believe that the majority will say that it will be less bad under the democrat this time around. That's what democracy is(or should be), it provides checks and balances for the excesses of both parties to try to find a middle ground that will be acceptable to most of the people. There is no objective truth about what policies are best for a country, they are constant compromises based on different values and often further twisted by corruption regardless of the party.
    The only people destroying the USA are you nutjob friends in BLM/Antifa and that geriatric puppet Pelosi who distracted the whole country with an impeachment circus instead of focusing on the pandemic.
    markranson likes this.